Chief Financial Off
Company: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Posted on: July 31, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
- Responsible for issuing contracts that vary in dollar value and
complexity commensurate to the level position.
- Adhere to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) purchasing
- Provide advance planning and developing solutions for complex
- Partner with teams of operations professionals, researchers
and/or scientists and provide expert souring advice.
- Proactively communicate with customers and stakeholders,
provide updates to stakeholders, resolve issues, celebrate
successes and meet project sourcing needs.
- Plan sourcing needs and collaborate with technical
professionals to define requirements.
- Perform price or cost analysis and assist in source selection
of qualified sources.
- Issue solicitations of various types from low price to best
value request for proposals.
- Negotiate pricing, negotiate terms, recommend award, and
prepare necessary justification documentation.
- Consult Legal Counsel for exceptions to standard terms and
- Resolve any disputes, conflicts, delays, changed conditions,
settle claims, or excessive costs.
- Closeout contracts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, or
related field and 4 years of relevant experience as a sourcing or
procurement professional or the equivalent combination of education
- Experience building and maintaining successful relationships
with customers and suppliers.
- Ability to administer a wide variety of contract types and
develop supporting contract documents.
- Proficiency with Oracle PeopleSoft or electronic purchasing
systems, Google applications, Microsoft Suite, and Adobe.
- In a paperless environment, electronically produce contract and
- Ability to handle multiple task and work under pressure,
successfully meet deadlines.
- Maintain a high level of competence, accuracy and attention to
- Provide highly professional support of customer's needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating, oral and written
- What We Desire:
- Experience with various contract types including fixed price,
cost reimbursable, support services, fabricated lab equipment,
consulting, real property leasing, and/or lease analysis and
lease-to-own (LTO) actions.
- Project management skills, experience leading cross functional
teams, experience with driving process
- Experience with Federal labor compliance or equivalent state
and/or local labor law requirements.
- Certification (CPM, CFCM, CCCM, CPCM).
- Familiarity with applicable LBNL Procurement Standard
Practices, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), DOE Acquisition
Keywords: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley , Chief Financial Off, Accounting, Auditing , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!