Company: TIPPETT STUDIO
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Rigging Artists are responsible for rigging and enveloping hero
and background creatures, vehicles, and props in Maya. - What You
- Create the animation controls and deformations.
- Monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of rigs.
- Troubleshoot creature pipeline issues.
- Take direction from the team/show leads and actively
participate in development efforts to bring new ideas to the
- Actively participate in dailies/meetings; providing input and
recommendations necessary to achieve the goal of the project.
- Remain accountable for meeting project deadlines and assignment
targets, as instructed. Must Have:
- 2+ years production experience rigging in Maya.
- Strong portfolio showing examples of character anatomy as it
pertains to animation.
- Thorough understanding of surface deformation and procedural
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with MEL, PyMel, and Python in Maya.
- Experience with MotionBuilder.
- Experience with creating realtime rigs for UnrealEngine is a
- Experience with modular rigging toolkits such as mGear is a
- Experience with Houdini desired.
- Familiarity with Linux is a plus.
- Animation, modeling, simulation, or other complimentary
production experience. You will need:
- To work in a team, with strong communication skills and
attention to detail, and able to take direction in a fluid,
fast-paced production environment.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to pivot and take direction in a fluid, fast-paced
- Must be eligible to work in the United States or Canada. TO
APPLY: To be considered for this position, please include your
resume: To be considered for this position, please send your resume
and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the
following in the subject line: If your skills and abilities are a
good match for the job opening, you will be contacted in the near
future. We will make every attempt to contact all qualified
candidates, but due to the high volume of interest in our job
openings, we may not be able to contact every individual. We will
not be returning phone calls or emails seeking further information
about the opening or to confirm that we have received your
Keywords: TIPPETT STUDIO, Berkeley , Rigging Artist, Advertising , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!