A well-know employer in the East Bay is actively seeking a
Digital Service Technician. We are currently interviewing for this
position, so please read the job description below and apply
Under the direction of the Service Director and Technical Service
Supervisor, this position is responsible to test, troubleshoot, and
repair complex digital and analog electronics down to component
level, and to provide feedback on failure analysis in the interest
of capturing failures and implementing corrective action based on
detailed analysis and repair of our digital products.
- Duplicate customer complaints, troubleshoot failures, document
findings, repair as needed,
and keep detailed records of problems, solutions and trends.
- Work with electronic test equipment including real-time
oscilloscopes, signal generators,
meters, power supplies, Audio Precision and in house built test
- Keep up to date with new product releases and new
- Work closely with the digital development, manufacturing and
technical support group.
- Maintain service stock of parts for facilitating repairs.
- Some travel may be required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a BSEE or ASEE with work experience and/or 3-5 years
experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must possess excellent troubleshooting abilities from system to
- Must have failure analysis experience down to component
- Must have experience with Audio Precision test equipment.
- Must be able to evaluate new hardware and software designs.
- Must be familiar with networking systems.
- Experience with Protel PCB Layout & Capture and MCU language
- Technical audio experience, highly preferred.
- Experience with LCS/Cue Station, preferred.
- Experience with Linux, C++ or Python, a plus.
- Experience with various databases and data-mining, helpful.
- Must be willing to assist with general lab work, maintenance and
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Excellent communication both written and verbally.
- Preference given to local candidates.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider
all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected