Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering & Manu
Company: Air Protein
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: ABOUT AIR PROTEIN
Imagine a meat company unlike anything that has come before! Air
Protein™ is on a mission to impact climate change by
revolutionizing how we make meat. Founded in 2019, we make protein
from elements of the air.
Air Protein is a modern food company, crafting the world's first
air-based meats to feed us more sustainably, help renew the
planet's resources and eliminate compromise between nutrition,
taste and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA,
we convert elements found in the air around us into protein using
probiotic cultures, then turn those proteins into any meat
imaginable. It's where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to
reinvent the way we eat.
Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business
leaders working to transform the future of food with solutions we
never thought possible, creating meat that is nutritious, delicious
and more sustainable. Air Protein uses less land, less water and is
significantly faster to make than any other meat available.
In addition to the chance to work with cutting edge technology to
help combat climate change and working toward addressing the
impending food crisis, Air Protein employees also enjoy competitive
benefits and total compensation plans and a collaborative company
culture. If you join us on this relentless pursuit for more,
changing the world will soon feel as natural as taking a
Air Protein is funded by ADM, a world leader in fermentation
technology, GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Barclays, one of the
world's leading financial institutions.ABOUT THE JOB
Talent Acquisition Specialist –
Engineering & ManufacturingThe Talent Acquisition (TA) Specialist -
Engineering & Manufacturing is a key role at Air Protein. As our TA
Specialist you enable the business to solve strategic staffing
issues through the development of the right placements and
candidate-pool. You utilize best practices for attracting,
screening, interviewing, hiring, and placing top engineering and
manufacturing talent for Air Protein's Food Science, R&D,
Engineering and production teams. This role is 100% remote.As a TA
Specialist at Air Protein, you are an experienced professional with
broad experience recruiting for roles at all levels of an
organization. Reporting to the Director of Talent Acquisition, you
will support and execute recruitment activities, represent the
business at career events/fairs, and maintain strong relationships
with the community around the business. You coordinate all outreach
efforts, securing talent from the community's candidate pools and
integrating the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion practices of the
- Lead full-cycle recruitment activities including sourcing,
interviewing (phone and video), screening, and closing. This
includes evaluating candidates for core values and culture fit as
well as for skill level, experience, and knowledge.
- Leading manager intake and recruitment update sessions.
- Create and update job descriptions for each job position within
the business, adjusting with the business's evolving needs.
- Take initiative in creating and maintaining social media
presence, identifying, and sharing opportunities, fostering
candidate engagement and interaction.
- Monitor and maintain the daily placement tracking maintaining
proper records for applicant and employee data within the
department's ATS system.
- Participate and promote the WHO method and Topgrading interview
processes that align with the organization's strategy and
- Pushes the boundaries on sourcing and hiring tactics through
the innovation of new and creative ways of attracting talent to the
- Works closely with the marketing department in building and
growing brand awareness and specifically employer brand.ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or a related field.
- 3 -5 years of experience recruiting in an agency or corporate
- 2 years of experience placing engineering and manufacturing
talent within the consumer goods or food production, processing, or
- Any startup experience is a bonus.
- Experience working with applicant tracking systems. BambooHR
- Working knowledge and experience of state legislation for
hiring and employment practices.
- Expertise in behavioral interviewing and applicant
- Demonstrated strong customer service abilities and an innate
desire to increase business opportunities by actively engaging in
the surrounding community.
- Exceptional, clear, and concise verbal and written
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and tight
- Strong attention to detail, a proactive approach to tasks,
maintaining a high sense of urgency, accuracy, and detail in
- Self-motivated working under minimal supervision, showing
- Demonstrate the ability to build strong, meaningful, and
lasting relationships with candidates and identified talent,
employing them to bring their talents to the business.
- As a representative of the business, you must be approachable,
easy to talk to and inspire comfort and trust in others,
consistently representing the Air Protein brand.ABOUT OUR
PURPOSEWhy we exist: To accelerate the world's transition to
climate and rainforest-friendly meatWhat we do: We make nutritious
meat using the most sustainable protein on the planetOur Values:
- Protect people & the planet
- Play as a team and have a growth mindset
- Do what you say you will do
- Be the change you seek
- Create a culture of belonging Air Protein is an equal
opportunity employer.Disclaimer: This job description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed, and it is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Keywords: Air Protein, Berkeley , Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering & Manu, Engineering , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!