Mobile Engineering Manager
Company: eBay Inc.
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and
creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of
global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell,
connect, and share around the world? If you're interested in
joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an
ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay - a company you
can be proud to be with. We are seeking for the Core AI
organization an experienced iOS Engineering Manager responsible for
the iOS development team that is building ground breaking iOS-based
products and experiences for our customers. You'll be working with
a world class team of engineers, designers, and product managers to
create amazing new features on one of the world's most visited
e-commerce platforms. Through a dedicated team of mobile
developers, you'll drive people, process, and outcomes,
collaborating with teams across eBay to ship amazing features for
eBay's mobile users. Responsibilities:
- Attracting, recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining your
- Enable your team of iOS engineers to ship features quickly and
safely, ensuring we meet customer needs and a high operational
- Collaborate with a product and design partner to build and
maintain a 3-6 month roadmap focused on accomplishing a business
- Grow your team's abilities through coaching, mentoring and
consistent one-on-one conversations.
- Drive technical excellence, operational maturity, innovation
and quality processes within your team.
- Support your team by unblocking and resolving conflicts while
keeping the team focused on their top priorities.
- Partner with other eBay development teams to build
- Work with your engineering manager peers to continuously
improve eBay's engineering team and processes, providing future
direction for the iOS platform. Preferred Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate is one who wishes to have a large amount of
autonomy in running a development team that is capable of
delivering vibrant products for eBay customers. The candidate
should be able to form a vision, and execute the delivery of the
- Good people observer, and uses this to glue a development team
- Very smart and insightful: commands attention from others and
is able to shift paradigms.
- Understands what it takes to make first class software, and is
driven to do so.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills: makes
complex projects simple.
- Communication: Strong person to person, group, and remote
- Delights in engineering and has a strong technical background.
- Bachelor's degree and/or related experience.
- 10 years in as a member of a development team.
- 4 years of technical leadership experience, and at least 2
years of people management. Benefits are an essential part of your
total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you're
single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a
variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet
your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical,
and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the
years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your
working years and through retirement is important. Here at eBay, we
love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from
widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So,
being diverse and inclusive isn't just something we strive for, it
is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We
want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where,
no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have
the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about
eBay's Diversity & Inclusion click here:
https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/ eBay Inc. is
an equal opportunity employer. - All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally
protected status. - If you are unable to submit an application
because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability,
please contact us at -firstname.lastname@example.org. - We will make every effort
to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as
possible. Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States
(Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: - EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the
experience. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to our -use
Keywords: eBay Inc., Berkeley , Mobile Engineering Manager, Engineering , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!