Staff Process Development Engineer, Coatings
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate
era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning
CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers
and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the
world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil
free future with our carbon transformation technology.
Job BriefWe need you as part of a team dedicated to creating
recipes that forge the layered structures of our CO2-eating
membrane electrode assemblies (MEAs) at the heart of our
electrolyzers. Initially you will jump into our late-stage R&D
efforts focused on producing controlled depositions that yield
precise functionality. As you learn our process, you will hone
established methods and initiate new techniques that measure the
process outputs and quality checks. Concurrently, you will work
with a cross-functional team to scale these wet deposition
processes to the pilot scale (and then beyond) to help us introduce
the world's first CO2 electrolyzer at scale.
What you will do
- Optimize our spray process to produce coatings with controlled
thickness and morphologies.
- Work with product developers to devise coatings to meet product
specifications and perhaps exceed expectations.
- Co-develop metrology methods with characterization experts to
control spray processes to maintain top product performance and
- Join a large, cross-functional team to commission and validate
Twelve's first-in-class MEA fabrication pilot line that will
support the world's first at-scale CO2 electrolyzer.
Who you are
- Have several years of experience in developing wet deposition
processes to yield dried layers with intended functional purposes
such as slot die, gravure, spray, and screen or stencil
- Excel at characterizing, or understanding characterization
data, for inks, slurries, pastes, or any similar liquid medium used
in the above listed processes.
- Strong understanding and respect for property-performance
relationships in deposited composite layers composed of soft
organic and inorganic materials.
- Proficient in specifying, installing, and validating
pilot-scale equipment used to deposit and dry wet depositions at
the pilot scale.
- Care about process documentation and clear intra- and
inter-team communication of technical ideas and conclusions.
- Expert in analyzing and presenting data (experience with JMP a
plus), and at least a minimum familiarity with accessing data from
- You prioritize safety throughout your workflow.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the
driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture
continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we
never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin,
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital,
veteran, or disability status. Want to work with us but don't see a
current opening that fits your background? Email us at
Keywords: Twelve, Berkeley , Staff Process Development Engineer, Coatings, Engineering , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!