Posted on: January 21, 2023
Who we are:
Grabango is the leading provider of checkout-free shopper
technology for existing stores. Founded by Will Glaser (former
founder & CTO of Pandora Media), the Grabango team has developed
the only enterprise class solution for large store chains in the
Grabango has raised over $75 million in funding since 2017, with
$39 million in Series B announced in June 2021. The round was led
by Commerce Ventures with participation from Founders Fund,
Unilever Ventures, Honeywell Ventures, Rich Products Ventures, and
WIND Ventures. Grabango has signed five retail partners, each over
$1 billion in revenue, including a global top-10 grocer and a
Fortune-25 multinational. Several multi-store deployments are
underway. The company has filed 40 patents, and the earliest ones
that predate most prior art in the category have already been
We're a growing group of curious, self-directed people working
towards a common goal. We delight in taking risks and testing
hypotheses in a collaborative environment. Our ability to celebrate
both our successes and failures as milestones of progress opens the
door to tremendous breakthroughs.
About The Role
This full-time role reports directly to the Director of Supply
Chain and is based in Berkeley.
- Experience with electro-mechanical products, production and
- Oversee SMT, Box Build quality at contract manufacturers
including knowledge of optical inspection, X-Ray, 5DX, ICT and
- Testing and monitoring equipment to make sure it is in good
working order and can operate safely.
- Designing and Installing new equipment, tooling or operational
procedures to improve a company's manufacturing processes with
- Troubleshooting equipment/manufacturing processes to resolve
breakdowns or faults. Work with manufacturing partners to
understand manufacturing pain points and internal teams to mitigate
- Gathering data and compiling reports to assess the
effectiveness of manufacturing procedures
- Evaluating existing manufacturing processes and identifying
areas for improvement. This includes optimizing manufacturing
processes at the contract manufacturer and drafting/maintaining
- Coordinate with internal teams and external partners on failure
analysis, root cause and corrective action solutions and
- Developing detailed layouts for equipment, processes, and
- Researching and developing new processes, equipment, and
- Developing and implementing cost-saving measures and quality
- Ensuring manufacturing processes, equipment, and products
comply with safety standards, legal regulations and
- Maintaining research and activity documentation and preparing
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Work with engineering team to define manufacturing best
practices for future products
- Qualify new suppliers and additional outsource
- Coordinate with supply chain and engineering on product build
- Component Engineering - understand technical specifications for
components and provide potential alternatives to qualify with
- 4+ years of experience in manufacturing or industrial
- Experience evaluating and troubleshooting manufacturing
processes and equipment.
- Experience using CAD, CAM, data analysis programs, and related
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organization and management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- High level of technical expertise.
- Strong analytical thinker.
Education & Certifications:
- BS in Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent industry
Integrity: Do the right thing, particularly when you don't have
Bold Innovation: Think recklessly, but temper your actions with
People Matter: Hire the best, and treasure them.
Don't Live with Broken: Have the courage to admit mistakes, and the
urgency to correct them.
Customer Focus: Deliver beyond expectations, both internally and
Inclusion:Foster an environment that welcomes all.
Simplify: Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not
Grabango is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to developing a workplace where diversity and inclusion
are an essential part of who we are. We strive to hire and support
a workforce as diverse as our shopper base, so we can develop
products and services that best suit our customers. We do not make
employment decisions based on race, color, religion, ethnic or
national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual
orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status and we
comply with all local, state and federal employment laws.
Grabango participates in the E-Verify Program, an internet-based
system operated by the Department of Homeland Security and the
Social Security Administration.It allows employers to confirm an
individual's employment eligibility to work in the United
Keywords: Grabango, Berkeley , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!