Director of Procurement - (remote)
Posted on: April 6, 2021
It's a Perfect Day to change the world! At Perfect Day, we're
doing just that. Perfect Day was founded in 2014 to create
delicious, nutritious dairy products that everyone can love. We're
using fermentation (not animals) to make dairy proteins that are
the foundation for foods like ice cream, cheese and yogurt - all
with the distinctive taste and textures that consumers demand, but
without lactose or environmental downsides.--Through partnerships
with respected brands, we're working to launch a whole range of
dairy products that will help shape a humane, sustainable food
system for future generations.-- We are looking for someone with i
ndirect and direct sourcing management experience including all
phases of strategic sourcing and category strategies, supplier
relationship management, and project management. YOUR
- Lead and coordinate purchasing across locations, ensuring that
costs are controlled, and efficiencies achieved.
- Develop and implement global procurement business processes,
policies, improvements and standardization across the company.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and vendors to foster
innovative working relationship. Effectively negotiate prices, and
contracts, to optimize cost for existing and new vendors
- Formulate, agree and maintain commercial terms and conditions,
service levels and supply agreements
- Gain knowledge of supplier markets, mitigate supply risk,
assess supplier capabilities, and help define and improve company's
local, regional, and global portfolio of suppliers
- Identify and achieve cost reductions through strong analytical
and leadership skills, meeting year-over-year cost reduction
- Responsible for procurement process for both B2B and B2C in the
- Measure supplier performance, conduct supplier business
reviews, and manage supplier relationships to quickly resolve
issues, create and execute a category strategy, and ensure
vendor/supplier alignment with the direction of the company.
- Collaborate with Supply chain, Logistics, Operations, Quality,
Accounting, Finance & Sales (B2B and B2C) teams. Works
collaboratively sharing ideas and operational concerns and
recommending process, procurement related improvements for the new
and existing products.-- KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's or Master's in Business, Supply Chain, related
field. CPSM is a plus
- Understanding of purchasing policies, finance policies and the
procurement approval matrix or signing authority.
- 10+ years of experience in procurement in food or dairy
industry. Both B2B and B2C experience is a plus
- Solid analytical skills in performing bid analysis, cost
analysis, fair-value analysis, and scenario modeling
- Must have experience in ERP systems. Experience in NetSuite is
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively with cross functional
- Solid experience with contract negotiations
- Experience building solid relationships with a diverse set of
stakeholders and suppliers
- Conceptual thinker with a passion for innovation and keen
ability to spot trends and generate fresh ideas as it pertains to
manufacturing, packaging & supply chain optimization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to
multi-task and thrive in a deadline driven environment.
- Extremely well connected with food ingredients vendors, & great
at forging partnerships.
- Demonstrates good EQ awareness and skills and building those
skills in direct reports as well.
- Some travel may be required It's a Perfect Day to change the
world. The day when delicious dairy goodness is something everyone
can love. The day we say goodbye to the downsides of factory
farming. The day we throw a big party with luscious, animal-free
milk, cheese, yogurt, and ice cream, all made with Perfect Day! We
hope you join us!--
Keywords: Lever, Berkeley , Director of Procurement - (remote), Executive , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!