Project and Infrastructure D&D Project Manager
Company: LTD Global, LLC
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We have an opening for a Deactivation & Decommissioning
(D&D) Project Manager. This position works in the D&D
Department and reports to the Department Head. The D&D Project
Manager is responsible for the management, coordination, and
administration of multiple, complex and competing large scale
projects from the conceptual phase through planning, engineering,
procurement, construction, start-up and close-out. Project size
typically ranges from $50K to more than $100M; projects are of high
visibility and are often conducted in congested areas. May also
participate in improvement initiatives.
- Manage multiple complex and large scale demolition projects of
legacy radiologically and chemically contaminated facilities
utilizing Construction Managers, Project Coordinators, Facilities
staff, support staff, and subcontractors, as well as incorporating
input and direction from the Environment, Health and Safety
(EH&S) division and quality assurance (QA) program as necessary
to ensure project completion in a safe manner, within budget,
schedule and in accordance with specifications and
- Work with assigned staff, ensuring technical and operational
activities of the group including budgets, funding, workforce
planning, waste management, and property management are aligned
accordingly to meet project, division and organization
deliverables. Ensure staff and subcontractors understand and follow
all health and safety and QA requirements on all projects. Address
EH&S, QA, performance and conduct issues in a timely
- Work with the organization's community to coordinate D&D
- Coordinate project activities closely with EH&S input and
oversight requirements to ensure accurate representation of the
organization on project matters with other external organizations
to achieve customer needs.
- Coordinate client contacts, including regular correspondence
with the clients and maintain working relationships at all levels
throughout the project.
- Ensure appropriate communication and interfaces with key
stakeholders. Interface with regulators including U.S.
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Toxic
Substances Control (DTSC).
- Lead the planning and development of the project scope,
procedure, budget and overall project schedule. Manage and control
contractual commitments to assure that all work is performed in
accordance with the specifications, drawings and terms of the
subcontract. Review and approve project forecasts, schedules, cost
estimates, financial reports. Establish and control the budget for
- Schedule and coordinate project reviews in accordance with
organizational and federal requirements.
- Ensure prompt close-out of projects and submission of final
- Proactively seek out customer needs as they pertain to project
management services. Develop a full understanding and accept
ownership of those needs, seek relevant solutions, which meet all
requirements and follow up to ensure that the customer is
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Environmental
Science/Chemistry or professional certification in Construction,
Project Management or a related field or equivalent relevant
experience and a minimum of 7 years in D&D, waste management,
and/or construction facilities project management. Leading and
managing design and construction of D&D activities using
project management principles and controls.
- Experience with project management for the planning and
execution of demolition projects with significant levels for
hazardous and radioactive (specifically transuranic)
- Extensive experience with implementing EH&S requirements in
a highly regulated environment equivalent to federal requirements
including 10CFR835, 10CFR830, 10CFR851, 10CFR850, DOE O 458.1,
applicable waste management and environmental requirements,
including EPA and DTSC.
- Experience developing and managing budgets and schedules,
developing project scope documents, and coordinating/managing
project delivery, including team assignments and technical
- Experience with and use of industry recognized computer project
management software and managing projects utilizing a certified
- Experience applying analytical and problem solving skills to
complex problems. Demonstrated ability to take initiative, use
sound judgment and provide solutions to ensure results.
- Excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills.
Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple
projects at once.
- Excellent proposal development, presentation, and client
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in
writing. Excellent collaboration skills and ability to effectively
interact with people at all levels, internal and external to the
organization. Ability to effectively interact, and communicate with
a variety of project staff. Excellent interpersonal skills with a
customer-focus approach. Ability to work independently and as part
of a diverse team
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Valid professional license obtained by written examination to
practice Architecture/Engineering in State of California.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) credential.
- Extensive experience with profiling, management &
- Full-time, M-F, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- This position may be subject to a background check. Any
convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate
to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a
conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant
from being considered for employment.
- Work will be primarily performed in Berkeley, CA.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: LTD Global, LLC, Berkeley , Project and Infrastructure D&D Project Manager, Executive , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!