VP of Finance
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Are you a renegade?
Renegades are scientists, entrepreneurs, and community organizers,
mobilizing as a public benefit corporation for everyone's health.
Communities. Families. People. We're committed to making diagnostic
testing more accessible and easy to use for everyone. -Position
Summary - -The VP of Finance directs the fiscal functions of the
corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting
principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the
Securities and Exchange Commission, and other regulatory and
advisory organizations in accordance with financial management
techniques and practices appropriate within the industry. This a
full-time hybrid position with the expectation that 10-20 hours per
week to be conducted on-site while the rest of the workload may be
performed remotely. - -Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe
essential functions include, but are not limited to the
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the
organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the organization's plans and
programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning,
introduction of new programs/strategies, and regulatory
- Support strategic decision-making by proactively providing
reports and financial updates to the CEO and Executive team.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely
and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial
trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board, and other
senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce policies and
procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve
the overall operation and organization's effectiveness.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the
Board as an effective developer of solutions to business
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others
within the financial discipline.
- Improve the budgeting process through education of managers on
financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on
decision-making issues affecting the organization (e.g., evaluation
of potential alliances, acquisitions, and/or mergers).
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and
initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting
mechanism which includes a minimum cash threshold to meet operating
- Advise from a financial perspective on any contracts into which
the Company may enter.
- Evaluate the departmental structure and team plan for continual
improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as
well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth
with emphasis on individual opportunities where possible.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned. -
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Master's degree (MA) or equivalent or 10-15 years related
experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education
- Experienced leader and financial executive with appropriate
- Energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high
ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical
ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
- Well-organized and self-directed with "politically savvy" and a
- Intelligent and articulate in relating to people at all levels
of an organization with excellent communication skills.
- Trustworthy with willingness to share information and to serve
as a mentor.
- Excellent negotiation skills with experience in contracts.
- Decisive with a "big picture" perspective as well as versed in
- Ability to read, to analyze, and to interpret the most complex
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and
presentations on controversial or complex topics. - -
- Note: All offers of employment are contingent upon clear
results of a thorough criminal background check. - -Job Type: -FT
Exempt; flexible scheduleHybrid On-site/Remote Position10-20 hours
per week on-site -CompensationSalary: $215K/yearBenefits: Health,
Vision, and Dental120 hours PTO; 401k
Keywords: renegade.bio, Berkeley , VP of Finance, Executive , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!