Manager, Human Resources
Company: AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah Insurance
Posted on: August 5, 2022
We call our club's vision, mission, values, and supporting
pillars "Our House" because they are the foundation for all that we
do. We're working to transform AAA for the next century with a
mission to create Members for life by unleashing the innovative
spirit of our Team Members.
At AAA, our Team Members strive to deliver amazing service and help
our Members outsmart life's roadblocks. We believe everything you
do outside of work adds to who you are at work.
Why Work For Us?
* Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, wellness program and
* 401k Matching - $1 for $1 company match up to 6% of pay
* Annual Incentive Plan - Eligibility to participate in AAA NCNU
annual bonus plan
* Paid Time Off - Team Members accrue paid time off monthly with an
additional 24 hours per year earmarked for volunteer activities
* Collaborative Environment - AAA will value your contribution to
providing exceptional service to our members
The HR Business Manager collaborates with AAA leaders as a
strategic partner to ensure that people decisions are aligned with
organizational strategy, based on facts and consistent with an
excellent Team Member and Member experience. This role will act as
Team Member champion and change agent, be a catalyst for
performance and development, and develop integrated solutions to
maintain high employee morale, attract and retain talent and
deliver valued added service to management and employees that
reflect the business objectives of the organization. This role will
also provide proactive consultation to Managers on how to be
excellent people leaders and coach them to navigate and resolve
employee relations and HR policy issues. This role manages various
HR programs and is a pivotal partner with assigned Executive Team
Member(s). The ideal candidate for this position is exceptional at
exercising fact based judgment, and working in an extremely
customer centric, transparent and open culture.
* Champion AAA culture of being the most trusted organization in
America, make it your mission to help our members and communities.
(e.g., driving engagement survey action plans, involvement in
company sponsored community events)
* Be involved (visit branches, attend client meetings) provide
timely and insightful data to guide decision process while
providing proactive solutions using good judgment and common
* Understand how everything is connected at AAA, contribute to our
strategy and align actions to support it.
* Assist Leaders in planning, executing, training, and tracking
* Maintain positive employee relations by creating a responsive
environment and being available to facilitate open and continuous
communication; Lead client group(s) through core cyclical HR
processes (e.g., performance management, talent calibration,
compensation and bonus planning, succession planning).
* Offer thought-leadership and apply disciplined fact-based
judgment regarding organizational and people related strategy and
* Educate client groups on HR policy and practices, emerging HR
issues, including salary and geographic market ranges, performance
review processes, transfers, promotions and demotions.
* Using data analytics provide the client group with analysis and
recommendations including compensation, attrition, retention,
absenteeism, and time-to-fill.
* Improve the employee experience, find and develop ways to
celebrate success, coach people with positive intent using
performance diagnosis, organizational development and design.
* Provide coaching and counseling to management and employees in
order to enhance individual
* HR expertise and business knowledge.
* Support employee relations through proactive and, as necessary,
reactive interventions with employees and management confidentially
and fairly. Conduct effective, thorough and objective
investigations, when necessary. Address each incident as a coaching
moment to improve client's HR acumen and confidence.
* Participate in staffing and recruiting initiatives to develop a
pipeline of leaders. Consult as required regarding decisions
involving promotions, terminations, demotions, and transfers.
* Responsible for selecting, training, coaching, counseling, and
disciplining future employees in the HR department.
* Plans, recruits, selects, conducts performance evaluation, sales
actions plans/coaching, and performance management activities for
employees. Provide active, engaged leadership through behavioral
coaching and mentoring
* May have direct reports
* Possess excellent communication skills, conveying information
with confidence and clarity.
* Deep understanding of HR functions, industry and business
* Have led large groups through significant change utilizing
effective project management and change management techniques and
* A broad technical expertise in employee relations, formal
investigations, staffing and retention, compensation, policy
development and application, learning and education, planning and
other HR processes and programs.
* Experience in a HR generalist, consulting or business partner
role with staffing expertise
* Proven background as an effective strategist and practitioner
with a strong track record of successfully driving and implementing
HR initiatives with functional leaders.
* Demonstrated ability to influence, evaluate and manage
conflicting priorities effectively in a fast paced environment with
senior level leaders. Flexible work style and approach based on
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to analyze
data, understand trends; develop recommendations for action based
on the analysis.
* Strong mindset for continuous improvement and meeting or
exceeding client expectations
* Ability to implement process design, performance improvement,
coaching, organizational design, and associated human resource
services, systems and tools while monitoring progress with suitable
Education & Experience / Licenses & Certification
* BA/BS degree or an equivalent combination of education and
relevant experience required
* MBA or Master's degree in related field preferred
* 6-8 years HR business partner or generalist experience
* Prior experience as a supervisor or lead is preferred
* SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP, SPHR or PHR Certification preferred
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Works in an office environment sitting at a desk, table or computer
workstation for extended periods of time. May travel by car, plane
or other form of transportation to attend business meetings or
conferences. Approximately 50-80 percent of the time spent on the
job involves the use of a personal computer.
We are passionate about maintaining a diverse and inclusive
workplace that reflects the people and culture of the communities
we serve, and fostering an environment in which everyone can
realize their full potential and grow without barriers. We
celebrate our differences as they make us stronger and invigorate
our workplace. We believe that each of us enriches our culture by
contributing unique perspectives, valuable insights and key
strengths. We want each of our Team Members to feel valued,
respected and supported.
Keywords: AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah Insurance, Berkeley , Manager, Human Resources, Executive , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!