Registered Nurse Case Manager M-F Schedule
Company: East Bay Innovations
Posted on: January 27, 2023
East Bay Innovations- Full Time Transitional Care RN Case
Manager Also hiring applicants from Brentwood, Tracy, Mt. House,
Hayward, Berkeley, Emeryville and Oakland. About Our Organization:
Established in 1994, East Bay Innovations (EBI) is a nonprofit
human services organization that supports people with developmental
disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, autism, and
cerebral palsy. Our person centered services support people to live
in their own homes, make choices about how they live, work in jobs
of their choosing, and enjoy being part of their communities. We
seek to further the human rights and empowerment of people with
disabilities, and hire people who care about social justice and
want to make a difference in the lives of others. What does a Nurse
Case Manager do? You will perform nursing assessments, complete
care plans and assess for health and safety within the home and
community based setting for adults in nursing facilities and
community settings in Alameda County. This role is responsible for
supervising and training current and new Case Managers within the
department. All applicants must have the ability to communicate
effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to work
cooperatively with clients, their social workers and other people
in their lives. Ability to respond to nursing assessment or care
plan requests within 48 hours. Knowledge of home and community
based settings. Knowledge and experience assessing wounds,
bedsores, etc. What does your typical day supporting one of your
amazing clients look like?
- Provides timely transitional care support, including but not
limited to, discharge planning assistance, home follow-up,
medication reconciliation, health education, etc.
- Supports the department to follow up on emergency
visits/hospitalizations and completes timely reports (i.e., special
incident report, Ombudsman/APS reports, report to Public
- Advocates against inappropriate and/or unsafe discharges from
hospitals and Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Completes nursing assessments as needed for various programs
within department in a timely manner
- Writes letters of medical necessity, as needed
- Makes recommendations and suggestions for care plan based on
client needs and alerts TCCM Managers and appropriate staff of
client health changes, concerns and/or discrepancy in nursing chart
- Independently sets working schedule and coordinates directly
with client/family/facility to set up appointment for
- Maintains confidentiality and abides by HIPAA
- Maintains professionalism when working with EBI staff, clients,
nursing facilities, etc.
- Completes comprehensive case notes/billing by the end of the
- Serves as clinical consultant to Enhanced Care Management
Program staff (and other programs within department/agency as
- Initiates assessments/intakes with various programs within
department (i.e., Housing Community Support, Enhanced Care
- Works collaboratively with all members of the department
- Carries flexible case load as needed
- Provides cross coverage to nursing team as needed
- Provides training on health education to EBI staff in various
departments, as needed and approved by Director/Executive
- Completes EBI training curriculum and other required in-service
trainings Who are we looking for?
- Someone with an active license and be in good standing with the
California Board of Registered Nursing. With a minimum of three
years experience in assessments and care plan drafting.
- Someone who can commit 2-3 years. (preferred) What's the
schedule? Full time Monday through Friday schedule, 9am-5:30pm
flex. Salary : $64.68/hour Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is
provided to all staff and clients. This includes face masks, face
shields, gloves, disinfectant, hand sanitizer and more! Is this the
right job for you?
- Do you believe that all people should be in the drivers seat of
their own life?
- Do you enjoy supporting and helping people, no task is too
- Do you enjoy working with people with many different lifestyles
- Are you comfortable responding to unexpected challenges; you
are cool under pressure and think quickly on your feet?
- Do you like working independently but communicate with your
team and supervisor
- You like to learn new things and can learn quickly; when things
change, you can roll with the punches?
- Do you follow through with commitments? If you answered yes to
any of these questions, YES! This job is for YOU! What does EBI
- Medical coverage for those working 30 hours a week or more,
with three different health plans for you to choose from.
- Dental and vision coverage for both full-time and part-time
- Aflac- three different plans to choose from.
- FSA & DCFSA, Commuter and Parking pre tax benefits.
- Employee EAP that include free mental health counseling
sessions for you and members of your household.
- 403(b) retirement plan so you can invest in your future.
- Education Assistance Fund, providing reimbursement for tuition,
fees, and supplies for education and self-enrichment courses
- Membership in the Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
- Many opportunities for training so you can feel confident in
the work you do and prepare for future career opportunities.
- Paid sick leave for all employees, and paid vacation for
- Paid holidays for all
- Mileage reimbursement for on-the-job driving
- We show our appreciation for staff with monthly raffles, games
and more, to celebrate you and the important work that you do! East
Bay Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider
all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status,
age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
law. Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: East Bay Innovations, Berkeley , Registered Nurse Case Manager M-F Schedule, Executive , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!