Nurse Manager - NICU
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Sign-On Bonus eligible position! - -Job Summary:Manages 24-hour
departments providing patient care services. Ensures staff provide
high quality, accessible, cost effective care, and patient focused
services to members across the continuum, which comply with local,
state, and federal requirements. Develops and maintains clinical
standards of care and practice; responsible for all resource
budgeting, selection and development.Essential
- Manages the operations of 24-hour departments that may be at
multiple locations. Ensures Assistants and staff provide the
highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nursing
Practice Act, The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local
- Establishes, implements, and maintains patient care and service
standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient
care results across the continuum of care.
- Develops and monitors budgets for the appropriate use of human
and material resources. Monitors financial performance and
identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve
quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and
develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain
the competency of all department staff. Ensures on going staff
development. Manages and resolves human resource, employee and
department safety, and risk management issues.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policy and
procedures which support the organizations goals and business
objectives and ensures they are met.
- Oversees and develops standards of care and standards of
practice, directs fiscal management, and quality improvement
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. -At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. -Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Minimum four (4) years of clinical nursing experience related
to clinical area of specialization as required by department,
including four (4) years of management, supervisory or leadership*
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing. Bachelors Degree in
Nursing, or Masters Degree in Nursing earned through a direct entry
MSN program.License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire
- Basic Life SupportAdditional Requirements:
- *Leadership Experience will be permissible for Kaiser
Permanente internal applicants only and is defined by the following
criteria: demonstrated clinical nursing leadership as a
Charge/Senior RN, participation on professional committees
inclusive of UBTs, National Certification in Specialty,
demonstrated completion of RN Leadership Development Program and/or
demonstrated experiential exposure to Nursing Leadership.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and
other local, state, federal regulations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
- ACLS or PALS certification may be required for positions in
- National Certification preferred within 1 year of hire
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Two (2) years of management experience preferred
- One (1) year of Magnet/shared governance experience
- One (1) year of managing in a bargaining environment
- Masters degree preferred.Secondary Functions:
- Position is to cover level III NICU - -#RNMGRPrimaryLocation :
California,Walnut Creek,Walnut Creek HospitalHoursPerWeek : 40Shift
: DayWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, FriWorkingHoursStart : 08:00
AMWorkingHoursEnd : 04:30 PMJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type :
StandardEmployee Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation :
NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union EmployeeJob Level : Manager with Direct
ReportsJob Category : Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners,RN
ManagerDepartment : Walnut Creek Hospital - Maternal&Child -
0201Travel : NoKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer
committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Berkeley , Nurse Manager - NICU, Executive , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...