Property Manager, New Development
Company: Cardinal Group
Posted on: September 21, 2023
POSITION: Community Manager, New DevelopmentCOMPENSATION:
Pursuant to applicable regulations, if this job is performed in a
relevant State, the salary range is $78,000- $85,000 plus bonus
potential. Eligible to participate in the company benefits plan .
We offer health, vision, dental, and pet insurance. We offer a
401(k) retirement plan, student loan assistance, licensing and
continuing education reimbursement, parental leave, and housing
allowances or gifts. SUMMARYAs a New Development Community Manager,
you are primarily responsible managing all phases of onsite
operations, including personnel, leasing, maintenance, finances,
administration, and risk management during lease-up and
development. Further, the incumbent is responsible for protecting,
maintaining, and enhancing the value of the community while also
maximizing the living experience for residents. This is
accomplished by effectively directing and coordinating the
community's overall operational activities.ESSENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to):
- Establish leasing benchmarks and a strategic marketing plan for
achieving the budgeted occupancy goals both during lease-up and
- Plan and implement grand opening events, establish in-market
partnerships with local businesses and contractors, create brand
awareness through marketing outreach.
- Analyze market trends, competition, and other factors; utilize
this information to adjust marketing strategy aimed at remaining
- Demonstrate a positive, professional, and client-oriented
attitude about the company with team members, residents, clients,
and the public.
- Strive for improvements in community performance to meet or
exceed annual financial and operational goals.
- Direct the day-to-day activities of loss prevention, risk
management, safety/security, maintenance, marketing, leasing and
ongoing facility upkeep.
- Develop working income for operating the property, by managing
cash flow requirements and leasing strategy.
- Analyze and produce monthly financial statements including
operating variances from budget, cash management and strategies for
collection of receivables.
- Maintain complete and accurate community files and records,
including finalized audits to ensure lease data has been input
correctly into management software.
- Coordinate collection and documentation of all revenues
following lease obligations of residents.
- Engage, contract, supervise and approve invoices for all
goods/services required to maintain the community.
- Successfully lead on-site maintenance technicians, office staff
and leasing team members.
- Manage resident relations as they pertain to coordinating
requests for repairs and maintenance, understanding of rent
charges, lease issues and other resident concerns.
- Participates in Cardinal U training as required and monitor
Team Member participation in Cardinal U.
- This position has a live on-site requirement. -PREFERRED
- Four (4) years' experience in property management. Must have a
strong working knowledge of leasing, marketing, construction,
residential law and resident relations.
- Working knowledge of property management software; Entrata is
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and the
- Ability to analyze a monthly financial statement and prepare
detailed budgets and operating forecasts.
- Ability to note deviations from financial plan, determine
causes and to provide recommendations to the company on required
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out industry specific written
and oral direction. Positive, innovative approach to problem
- Present ideas in a clear, concise, understandable, and
organized manner; negotiate, persuade, and modify opinion in order
to reach the goals/objectives of the organization.
- Ability to work independently as a project leader and team
member. Ability to relate well with others even while working at a
distance or remotely.
- Ability to work in an efficient manner with a high level of
accuracy, attention to detail, and follow through.
- Excellent time management and general organization skills.
- Neat, professional appearance.
- Strong client relations skills and previous supervisory
experience is required.
- Ability to embody the Cardinal Culture and Cardinal's Core
Values every day. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those a Team
Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Incumbents
work both inside and outside of apartment buildings and in all
areas of the property including amenities and have frequent
exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors,
and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous. PHYSICAL
DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
Team Member is regularly required to use hands to finger, type,
handle, or feel and talk or hear. The Team Member is regularly
required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and climb,
stoop, or squat. Incumbents must be able to physically access all
exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities and must
be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions
including, but not limited to rain, snow, heat, hail, wind and
sleet. The Team Member must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or
maneuver office products and supplies of up to twenty (20) pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus. Routine local travel may be
required to assist properties as needed, attend training classes,
business meetings, or other situations necessary for the
accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this
position.The above job description is not intended to be an
all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position.
Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any
other related duties, as assigned by their Team Leader.
Keywords: Cardinal Group, Berkeley , Property Manager, New Development, Executive , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!