Perinatal and Pediatric Community Health Worker (CHW)
Company: LifeLong Medical Care
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Overview:LifeLong Medical Care is looking for a Perinatal and
Pediatric Community Health Worker (CHW) for our West Berkeley
Family Practice. The CHW will work with a multi-disciplinary
provider team in the delivery of comprehensive perinatal and
pediatric services in a community health setting. Under general
supervision of the Perinatal and Pediatric Coordinator, the
Perinatal and Pediatric Community Health Worker is responsible for
providing to perinatal clients and their infants, individually and
in group settings: case management, outreach services; health
education, psychosocial and basic nutritional support; medical and
social services coordination; and health education classes within
the guidelines of the CPSP programs.This is a full time, benefit
eligible position. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.LifeLong
Medical Care is a large, multi-site, Federally Qualified Health
Center (FQHC) with a rich history of providing innovative
healthcare and social services to a wonderfully diverse patient
community. Our patient-centered health home is a dynamic place to
work, practice, and grow. We have over 20 primary care health
centers and deliver integrated services including psychosocial,
referrals, chronic disease management, dental, health education,
home visits, and much, much more. LifeLong is an Equal Opportunity
Employer.BenefitsWe offer competitive salaries and excellent
benefits including: medical, dental, vision (including dependent
and domestic partner coverage), generous leave benefits including
nine paid holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403(b) retirement
- Manages caseload of perinatal clients and their infants,
including scheduling appointments and registering newborns.
- Provides case management services including Lactation and
Gestational Diabetes support and care coordination for specialty
services as needed.
- Coordinates cases with social service agencies and medical
- Refers client to appropriate support services as needed within
the organization and in the community.
- Provides CPSP services thru individual appointments to assess
psychosocial, nutritional and health education risk factors and
- Provides thorough documentation of CPSP visits and patient
interactions in Electronic Health Record system.
- Does outreach calls and tracking for Well Child Checks and
- Supports and co-facilitates health education classes.
- Attends team and staff meetings as required.
- May participate in community outreach and marketing activities
to promote the organization's services.
- Complies with data collection and entry for Quality Improvement
measures and annual reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Perinatal and
Pediatric CHW Supervisor.Qualifications:
- Demonstrated communication skills, both oral and written.
- Able to prioritize often competing work demands and tasks from
both clients and staff.
- Able to work effectively and calmly under pressure in a
positive, friendly manner.
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity working with a variety of
people from low-income populations, with diverse educational,
lifestyle, sexual orientation, ethnic and cultural origins and
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity in providing services to
persons who are disabled, homeless, substance users, HIV (AIDS)
infected, and/or psychologically impaired.
- Working knowledge of community health problems including social
and economic factors relating to health.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and at least one year paid full-time
experience in a perinatal or maternal and child health with a
concentration on health education or... a high school diploma with
at least two years experience in perinatal or maternal and child
health with a concentration on health education or... a high school
diploma with one year experience in perinatal or maternal and child
health with a concentration on health education and completion of a
perinatal CHW training program or equivalent training.
- Experience working in a perinatal program as a Perinatal
Community Health Worker or working for a non-profit community
clinic and/or other non-profit social service organization.
Keywords: LifeLong Medical Care, Berkeley , Perinatal and Pediatric Community Health Worker (CHW), Healthcare , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!