Regional Laboratory Services Coordinator
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser
Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including
telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety
of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring
activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas
and job categories. For more information on Kaiser Permanente's
response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center . With powerful
technologies at your fingertips, you'll be the foundation for
delivering accurate diagnoses as you ensure an unparalleled patient
experience. Regional Laboratory Services Coordinator Description:
Responsible for the supervision and daily operations of the
regional laboratory, coordinating all unit activities and promoting
optimal department performance.
- Supervises and ensures the quality, quantity, and reliability of
the work performed by all regional laboratory support staff.
- Optimally schedules and distributes personnel during periods of
varying work load.
- Acts as liaison between medical staff and clinical regional
laboratory to clarify orders, obtain missing information, resolve
problems, and coordinate the processing of special tests.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local, medical
center, and departmental regulations and policies.
- Ensures that work areas are maintained for cleanliness, safety,
- Provides staff with ongoing training, orientation, evaluation,
coaching, and disciplining.
- Fosters teamwork and harmonious relationships within the
- Handles and resolves patient and staff concerns in a timely
- Responds to patient care issues to maintain quality of
- Oversees the collection and documentation of patient fees.
- Determines the supplies needed for operation of the regional
- Maintains a cost effective budget and keeps current with new
products and vendors.
- Assists in the coordination and maintenance of the regional
laboratory disaster plan.
- Develops procedures and systems to meet patient care, staff and
- Maintains and updates departmental manuals.
- Collects workload data and other statistical data as required.
- One (1) year of experience in a high volume clinical laboratory
with the last three (3) years.
- Three (3) years of experience in a clinical laboratory.
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business or health sciences or four (4)
years of equivalent experience required.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Diploma (GED)
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Current Phlebotomy Technician Certification (CPT) preferred.
Primary Location: California,Berkeley,Berkeley Regional Lab - 1750
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Night Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed,
Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 4:00 AM Working Hours End: 12:30 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union
Employee Job Level: Entry Level Job Category: Laboratory
Department: Cytology Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming
career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you! Please
fill out the fields below and click "Join Now" to receive
information about opportunities that relate to your selections.
Enter First Name Enter Last Name Email Address Search for a
category and select one from the list of suggestions. Search for a
location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally,
click "Add" to create your job alert. Category* Select Job
Location* Job Level By submitting your information, you acknowledge
communication from Kaiser Permanente.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Berkeley , Regional Laboratory Services Coordinator, Healthcare , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!