Laboratory Technician 2
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Client Healthcare Laboratory (SHL), located in Berkeley, CA, is
CLIA accredited and state licensed clinical laboratory. SHL enables
access to novel technologies through the validation and
implementation of new assays for diagnostic or clinical trial use.
The laboratory provides testing services for clinical trials,
clinical laboratory diagnostic testing, and pharmaceutical
We are looking for a Clinical Trials Specialist / Laboratory
Assistant to work closely with the CLIA Project Manager to support
ongoing clinical trial sample testing according to good clinical
laboratory practices. This person works closely with our customers
and partners to ensure that their incoming samples shipments and
documentation are received and stored. Assists with specimen
preparation and other support tasks and follows up on inquires and
- Responsible for sample receipt, accessioning, immediate storage
and properly maintaining all shipping documentation.
- Monitors for incoming shipment notifications and sample
receipt. Follows-up with clients if shipments are not received as
- Receives, sorts, and labels specimens in a timely manner.
- Documents and follows up on unacceptable specimen issues.
Verifies accuracy of information on specimens with manifests;
resolves any discrepancies with queries with sponsor prior to
- Serves as point of contact with customers. Communicates with
sponsors and customers.
- Maintains sample storage, mapping and tracking procedures.
Maintains freezer inventories; tracks samples through work in
progress and long term storage; archives samples as appropriate or
handles sample disposition per sponsor request.
- Maintains and updates sample inventory log files of incoming
shipments and t racks sample testing for pending, completed and
- Orders supplies as needed; unpacks and stores laboratory
- Performs preventive maintenance and maintains maintenance
records for assigned instruments, centrifuges, heat blocks, water
bath, freezers, and refrigerators.
- Responsible for maintaining a high customer service
- Prepares and maintains clinical trial binders.
- Writes documentation related to workflow as needed as part of
the Project Team (Occurrence reports, notes to file, quality
requests), Contributing author/provides input for study BAP and BAR
(interim) as needed
- Handles incoming calls; provides information; performs data
entry and other clerical functions; faxes/sends reports.
- Bachelors Degree in biology or biochemistry with 2-3 years
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Microsoft
- Clinical laboratory experience, or Clinical Trials or customer
- Must be comfortable with handling bio-hazardous materials and
working in a Biosafety Level 2 environment.
- Experience in drafting and editing supporting documentation,
communications with customers.
- CLIA clinical lab experience a plus
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment
in the United States.
Keywords: CorTech, Berkeley , Laboratory Technician 2, Healthcare , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!