Supervisor Ambulatory Pharmacy Care
Posted on: May 26, 2023
$20,000 SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE POSITION! -Job Summary:Under the
general direction of the Clinical Operations Manager, is
responsible for the supervision of pharmacist and non-pharmacist
employees in Ambulatory Pharmaceutical Care Services. Ensures
compliance with Federal and State laws, regulations and standards
regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services and Divisional
Pharmacy objectives, policies, and procedures. Assists the Clinical
Operations Manager with the development and implementation of
strategic initiatives. Performs other duties as required.Essential
- Supervises, recruits, hires/fires, trains and manages/improves
- Provides leadership and direction to Ambulatory Pharmaceutical
Care Services personnel/staff including evaluating and
- Administers all departmental policies and procedures.
- Develops a team of professionals who plan and implement
departmental goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Operations Manager in meeting
deadlines, participates on committees, and stands in as a
representative of Ambulatory Pharmaceutical Care Services, as
- Assists with the development and implementation of California
pharmacy strategic initiatives which are designed to enhance
quality, improve member service and enhance cost
- Works in collaboration with providers, department heads, and
the Clinical Operations Manager to implement, evaluate and improve
quality management programs.
- Ensures high level of quality, competency, and accuracy by
developing and maintaining quality assurance and competency
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State laws, regulations and
- Prepares and/or approves the biweekly payroll, and monitors
personnel utilization in accordance with the operating budget or
- Proposes, develops and implements efficient innovations to
improve the Ambulatory Pharmaceutical Care Services to meet the
needs of KP members and physicians.
- Provides ambulatory care service backup coverage as
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. -At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. -Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Minimum two (2) years of previous pharmacy management,
supervisory and/or functional direction experience required.
- Residency in Clinical Pharmacy OR two (2) years of equivalent
clinical experience required.Education
- Degree in Pharmacy requiredLicense, Certification,
- Pharmacist License (California)
- National Provider Identifier required at hire -Additional
- Demonstrated self-initiative and innovation, and the ability to
collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize verbal and written
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of applicable state
and federal pharmacy regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in the clinical areas of
- Demonstrated knowledge of outpatient pharmacy operations,
including professional, legal, business and public relations
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work as a member of a
- Substantial travel may be required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. -Preferred Qualifications:
- N/APrimaryLocation : California,Oakland,Oakland Fabiola Medical
OfficesHoursPerWeek : 40Shift : DayWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu,
Fri, Sat, SunWorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 11:59
PMJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union
EmployeeJob Level : Team Leader/SupervisorJob Category :
PharmacyDepartment : Oakland Hospital - Clinical Pharm- Admin -
0208Travel : NoKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer
committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Berkeley , Supervisor Ambulatory Pharmacy Care, Healthcare , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...