Company: Paper Source, Inc.
Posted on: January 19, 2023
OverviewStore Manager -This position reports to the Regional
Manager -Position Summary -The Store Manager is responsible for the
overall sales, profitability, customer service, visual strategies,
operations, and inventory management for an assigned location. The
Store Manager supervises and motivates the store team, providing
inspiration to drive sales and exceed customer service expectation
through coaching, providing effective feedback and reward and
recognizing accomplishments. Store Managers must promote a fun and
positive work environment that fosters open communication,
encourages teamwork and inspires creativity. -Essential Job
Responsibilities and Accountabilities -Models the Paper Source
Customer Service Experience
- Consistently performs, leads by example and coaches staff to
exemplify the customer engagement behaviors outlined in CREATE
- Connect with every customer by greeting them warmly, asking
open-ended questions and engaging them in product related
- Respond to customers immediate needs
- Explore your customers needs and demonstrate products at the
demo table, on the sales floor and at the custom print
- Add relevant products to complete the project, take it to the
next level and help with their whole checklist.
- Thank every customer regardless of purchase.
- Empower customers to complete their creative projects at home
and build customer loyalty
- Exhibits an attitude that is one of positive, can do and
customer first with all customers.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in technology in order to
accurately and efficiently process customer transactions
professionally and in compliance with the Paper Source policy;
sales, returns, gift certificates, special orders, etc.
- Manages store operations and visual merchandising standards to
ensure a grand opening look and feel to our customers.
- Resolve customer service related issues using good business
judgment and elevating as needed to the Area/Regional
Manager.Inspire customers through impressive product knowledge
- Inspire our customers and staff about Paper Sources unique
product offerings through product stories, understanding and
selling of our core businesses such as cards and envelopes and
- Demonstrate, model and coach consistent selling behaviors that
inspire our customers towards a greater connection with our
products through registration and selling of workshops and special
events to achieve company goals.
- Understand customers needs and projects to be able to make
meaningful suggestions for additional purchases to achieve company
- Completes all required training modules and has a clear
understanding of all available tools and resources to enhance the
selling experience.Drives sales and profitability through Key
Performance Indicators and Manager on Duty leadership
- Utilize and analyze company business reporting to drive stores
sales, conversion and profit plans to exceed budget through
successful leadership, organizational plans, customer service, and
outstanding execution of all field operations strategies,
- Demonstrate and hold team accountable to consistent selling
behaviors that inspire our customers towards a greater connection
with our products through registration and selling of workshops and
special events to achieve company goals.
- Sells the benefits associated with capturing email addresses in
our customer registry.
- Utilizes in-store training tools and works with staff and
customers to suggest add ons that ensure an ADT of > than $30,
with a UPT of 7 per sales transaction.
- Communicates, drives and tracks custom print orders and
card/envelope product sales to budgets
- Utilizes key reporting tools and monthly hindsight to drive
business and implement plans to improve store performance
- Act as Manager-on-Duty
- Takes ownership of all store functions
- Sets up for success through planning, goal setting and
- Motivates the team to work together to achieve goals
- Coaches to reinforce positive behavior and challenge negative
- Overcomes obstacles to achieve KPI goals and operational
- Motivates, inspires and communicates to the team, hourly sales
and ADT goals during MOD shift along with results, and coaches in
the moment performance opportunities.Create a visually appealing
store through merchandise presentation
- Consistently execute the company visual presentation and
merchandising standards to guidance, inclusive of product
presentation, sampling, signing, and lighting. - Our windows must
represent a great first impression with clear, creative messages
related to the brand offering.
- Ensure stores are closing to open and that throughout the day,
clear and defined associate floor zoning and management occurs to
maintain visual/merchandising standards, coupled with an
outstanding customer engagement culture.Executes consistent
- Manage product integrity process and ensure that each store
associate is trained and compliant with all basic inventory
management/movement/receiving processes. -
- Consistently execute quality inventory practices with
receiving, restocking, transfers, and managing inventory
discrepancies and negative on hands.
- Execute accurate and detailed in store/product cycle counts and
inventories as planned and communicated.
- Understand and administer the Store Operations/HR policies and
procedures and ensure consistent compliance and acceptable audit
- Responsible to communicate daily the company/store objectives
to store teams through consistent structured communication
- Execute opening and closing store procedures including
paperwork to company standards.
- Manage training, communication and continued awareness of all
policy and procedures including safety and maintenance to ensure
compliance and acceptable store operational audit
results.Recruit/hire/train and develop as well as, retain top
talent in stores
- Actively recruits and networks for all store level open
positions. -Ensure staff availability agreements along with a
hiring/training plan is in place to support the in store experience
and sales goals while managing labor budget/models and AHR
- Responsible to ensure that all associates are current and up to
date with product knowledge, product use, and related product
market basket application through a commitment to formalized
training and development within prescribed time lines and
- Responsible for managing and tracking store team creative
training goals; 4 core creatives completed within first six weeks
of hire; 3 hours of continuing creative training 3 times
- Responsible for managing and tracking custom print training for
the store team to ensure it is completed within 6 weeks of hire,
and a -complete and accurate order is taken with in 9 weeks of hire
and quarterly there after.
- Ensure the overall people plan of the store reflects high
standards, bench and succession planning, coupled with consistent
mentoring and people development for future management needs,
including administration of the 90-day and annual performance
appraisal process.Requirements -
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive responsibility in retail
store operations, with successful and progressive specialty store
- Outstanding leadership skills. Inspiring interpersonal
effectiveness to lead a team, train talent and effect change. Able
to balance the need of delivering a creative experience, and a
profitable result. Willing and able to be a doer and
- A visual merchandising eye for current trends, color,
inspiration and creativity.
- Demonstrated passion for the Paper Source brand and its
products with an arts and crafts background.
- Solid time management organization and focus on ability to
prioritize and multi task, with laser like focus to detail.
- Required to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the
business, which will require night and weekend shifts.
- Ability to work with /around cleaning chemicals and various art
- Ability to effectively maneuver around sales floor and
stockroom. May include repetitive bending, prolonged standing,
twisting, and lifting of up to 30 pounds. -An employee in this
position can expect an annual starting rate between $62,400 and
$81,120, depending on experience, seniority, geographic locations,
and other factors permitted by law. -Paper Source, Inc.
participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government
with your Form I-9 - information to confirm that you are authorized
to work in the U.S. -Applicants in AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and
UT to review E-Verify and Right To Work English/Spanish -postings.
- -State / City Compliance: Paper Source, Inc. will consider for
employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including
arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair
ChanceResponsibilities -Qualifications -
Keywords: Paper Source, Inc., Berkeley , Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!