Lighting Technical Director (Mid / Sr. Level)
Company: TIPPETT STUDIO
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Lighting Technical Directors create atmosphere, realism, tone
and depth, visually balancing individual elements to create passes
needed for compositors to produce a convincing image. What you will
- Design and implement lighting and shadows for assigned shots
and ensure consistency in lighting, color balance, and mood between
the various elements of a shot or scene.
- Ensure that assigned shots fit the continuity of a given
- Create basic composites with NUKE for reviewing shots.
- Develop solutions and techniques that meet art/technical
- Participate in team reviews of work under development.
- Troubleshoot and report any issues relating to published assets
- Work within the production schedules, anticipate workload
problems and bottlenecks.
- Participate in dailies and other meetings as required by
production and management.
- Quickly and effectively troubleshoot render issues with regard
to look and escalate, as necessary.
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge of the various attributes and
options in PRMan and how each affects both quality and speed of our
- Maintain accurate disk space usage and render time estimates.
- Understanding of the technical nature of how assets are put
together, how data flows through the pipeline, and who is
responsible for each part.
- Proficiency with Katana and Renderman
- Production experience with 3D computer graphic techniques, with
an emphasis on lighting and rendering.
- Strong visual sense and aptitude for lighting.
- Production experience with film post production
- Understanding of the fundamentals of shader writing.
- Ability to approach work with critical thought, analytical
skills and solution-based focus. You will need:
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and take
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in the United States or Canada TO
APPLY: To be considered for this position, please include your
resume: To be considered for this position, please send your resume
and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the
following in the subject line: If your skills and abilities are a
good match for the job opening, you will be contacted in the near
future. We will make every attempt to contact all qualified
candidates, but due to the high volume of interest in our job
openings, we may not be able to contact every individual. We will
not be returning phone calls or emails seeking further information
about the opening or to confirm that we have received your
Keywords: TIPPETT STUDIO, Berkeley , Lighting Technical Director (Mid / Sr. Level), IT / Software / Systems , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!