Technical Product Specialist
Company: Backroads company
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Technical Product Specialist page is loaded Technical Product
Specialist Apply locations Berkeley, California time type Full time
posted on Posted 3 Days Ago job requisition id JR100104 Salary
range for this role is $33.65 - $43.26 / hour Job Functions,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose and Resolve Support Needs: -
- Directly s upport and train users of Backroads' ERP system
- Provide timely and effective solutions to technical issues,
ensuring high user productivity.
- Ensure that the inputs to the system operate as expected and
engage with the relevant internal and/or external team as needed to
provide updates and fixes.
- Recommend Process and System Enhancements: -
- Clearly document bug and enhancement tickets complete with
functional specs, user stories, and expected results.
- Communicate when enhancement requests are received, logged, and
resolved to the originator of the request in a timely manner
- Assist in Ticket Development and Release Testing: -
- Partner with external vendors to test, QA, and implement new
- Drive Long-term System and Process Change:
- Provide technical and functional insight to the Product Team to
assist in Roadmap prioritization , system development needs , and
- Identify opportunities to leverage Backroads' systems for
efficiency and productivity gains .
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and prioritize
long-term system and process change initiatives.
- Assist with other tasks and cross-functional, technical
projects as assigned. Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Required: -
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science,
Information Technology) or equivalent practical experience.
- Effective communication skills -
- Ability to assess functional and technical gaps in designs
- Ability to define and articulate business benefits and
- Experience assisting technical development by acting as a
liaison between the technical team and the user community
- Experience testing ERP application instances to successfully
validate application setups, including input to test plans, test
scenarios, and test scripts.
- Preferred: -
- Proven experience in a technical support or product specialist
role training and supporting end users -
- Experience facilitating design, setup, and configuration of an
- Solid understanding of software development processes and
product lifecycle management.
- Previous work with Salesforce , Drupal, and/or SQL -
- Familiarity with project management methodologies and tools.
(Agile, Jira) - About Backroads:At Backroads we're passionate about
connecting our guests with so many of the most beautiful places in
the world. We use our four-plus decades of expertise to create
exceptional biking, hiking, and multi-adventure trips in over 50
countries for people wanting a deeper and richer travel experience.
We travel on land as well as by small luxury ships on active river
and ocean cruises. Our trips are for all ages - including dedicated
itineraries just for families. We are known for our unwavering
attention to quality. We have a dynamic work environment and a
strong company culture.Why Backroads:At Backroads, we value every
single member of our staff, and we're proud to offer a dynamic work
environment that enables growth. Your colleagues will be some of
the most dedicated, competent, active, and fun people you will ever
meet. A job at Backroads is unlike any other job you will ever have
- you will be challenged, you will be inspired, and you will be
gratified. No matter what you do here, you will be part of
something that makes us all proud - delivering authentic,
enriching, and often profoundly life-changing experiences. On top
of all that, we have some pretty great benefits and perks: -
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match, flex plan, and parental leave
- Generous paid time off, 8 paid holidays, and additional time
off to go on Backroads trips!
- Complimentary trips and trip discounts for employees, and trip
discounts for employees' friends and family!
- Outdoor industry discounts and deals
- Alternative commuter incentives for biking, walking,
carpooling, or using public transportation to get to work
- Wellness programs, onsite fitness center, and regular lunchtime
bike rides and workoutsBackroads is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees. Salary Ranges: $1.00 - $1,000.00
This pay range is intended for in-person work in our Berkeley, CA
headquarters. Pay ranges for remote-eligible roles will be subject
to adjustment based on the geolocation of the employee. FROM OUR
FOUNDER I can't imagine a better way to travel the world than under
your own power and in the company of like-minded adventurers. Sure,
Backroads provides superb accommodations and meals, amazing Trip
Leaders and unforgettable local encounters. But whether you're
sticking with the group or breaking off on your own, all of our
planning and support are ultimately aimed at one simple thing:
giving you the flexibility you need to discover the world on your
own terms.Tom Hale, Founder & President
Keywords: Backroads company, Berkeley , Technical Product Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!