Company: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P.
Posted on: February 18, 2021
HIRING ALERT: We're hiring in-store shoppers near you! Flexible
scheduling, at least $15/hr minimum starting pay and quick hiring
process. -- Learn More> > > Job DescriptionOrder,
replenish, and merchandise Specialty products and participate in
regional program for purchasing and promotions. Perform all
functions related to breaking down deliveries, moving back stock to
floor, and merchandising new products and stocking shelves. Assist
Team Leader in organizing and developing promotional displays,
maintaining back room, and providing courteous, friendly, and
efficient customer service to customers and team
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of
customers in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping shelves and
displays clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes,
rotating, and removing out-of-date products.
- Understand why our products are different than conventional
stores and explain differences to customers.
- Replenish products through proper buying procedures.
- Ensure orders for Specialty products are timely and accurate to
monitor inventory turns.
- Ensure that product mix meets varied customer dietary needs and
- Find placement for all new products belonging to your category
- Participate in regional and national sales promotions.
- Build displays according to movement, promotions,
profitability, value, and Regional guidance.
- Sample department products to customers.
- Oversee customer special order procedure.
- Analyze and control product transfers, waste, and
- Support Leadership in conducting inventories.
- Maintain financial profitability by meeting and exceeding
margin and sales targets.
- Assist in training and developing Team Members on product
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
- Stay informed by reading daily communication log or department
updates from Leadership.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable US, UK or Canadian
regulatory rules and regulations, Weights and Measures, health and
sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Make sure sweep logs and sanitation logs are completed when
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping
- Successfully complete in store training program.
- Answer department telephone calls and pages quickly and with
excellent phone etiquette.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of Cheese and specialty products in
cutting, production, and taste
- Familiarity and/or willingness to learn about products,
nutritional information, and other areas of study
- Working knowledge and application of all Specialty
merchandising expectations within the department with a specific
focus on attention to detail
- A desire to grow with the specialty team
- Ability to sell proactively
- Ability to perform physical requirements of a position that
requires a great deal of lifting and stacking of boxes
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow team members, customers, and vendors
- Ability to educate team on product knowledge and convey
- Strong demonstrated organizational and time management
- Strong basic math skills
- Knowledge and ability to use computer programs such as
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and ordering systems
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in recognizing
and accomplishing all tasks where there is a direct job
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Passion for natural foods and products
- Use of tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric
pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of
urgencyDesired Work Experiences
- 1+ year buying/merchandising experience
- 1+ year specialty or grocery experience
- Customer Service Focus At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair
and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and
candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
business needs. Real benefits go beyond what you'd expect. We call
ours "Whole Benefits," and they cover Physical, Mental, and
Financial health. Here are a few of the perks you can expect in
these areas. We offer access to health insurance for all full-time
Team Members to keep you feeling great. 20% In-Store Discount Our
most famous benefit, every Team Member gets a 20% in-store discount
on your favorite products. Plus, after six months, you have the
opportunity to increase that discount up to 30%. PTO Cash-Out Once
per year, eligible US Team Members can take 100% of unused PTO
hours and convert them into pay Total Health Immersions Four times
a year, we send select Team Members to a week-long health getaway
to help create and sustain healthy lifestyle changes. We pay 100%
of the costs and even 50% of your spouse's costs if they want to
join. Whole Planet Foundation Team Member Volunteer Program
Eligible Team Members can travel for 2-3 weeks to the communities
where Whole Foods Market sources products and funds microcredit
clients through its Whole Planet Foundation. Career Learning and
Development Better yourself as you better us. We give you
comprehensive training, programs and clear career paths to help you
grow. Our Core Values Our core values have guided us since Day 1.
We live them every day, and they've helped make us who we are
today. We Sell the Highest Quality Natural and Organic Foods We
Satisfy and Delight our Customers We Promote Team Member Growth and
Happiness We Create Profits and Prosperity We Care About our
Communities and the Environment We Practice Win-Win Partnership
with our Suppliers Sign up for Job Alerts Not seeing a fit? Sign up
for job alerts and we'll notify you the moment a new job you want
is posted. How would you rate your experience popup "Whole Foods
Market" is a registered trademark of Whole Foods Market IP,
Keywords: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P., Berkeley , Full-Time Specialist, Other , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!