Critical Care Coordinator
Company: SUMMIT PARTNERS
Posted on: February 23, 2021
- Company Address: 1498 Pacific Avenue, Suite 400, Tacoma, WA,
98402 About Sound Physicians Sound Physicians is a leading
healthcare organization with a proven track record of improving
quality, satisfaction and financial performance for its hospital
partners nationwide. Job Description To provide program
coordination and administrative support for the Sound Physicians
Critical Care Intensivist program at assigned hospital(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the point of contact among Sound Critical Care (SCC)
hospital program(s), and at multiple SCC sites, as discussed and
assigned. The role will provide operational and administrative
services (ie. coding, billing, payroll, MD schedule support, data
review, scheduling meetings, paperwork, calendar management,
- Hospital program support will include a base site and remote
support to outlying hospitals with some on-site support requested
- Role supports Program Medical Director (PMD) including
participation in SCC team meetings, as well as working with on-site
- May organize and assist to create Excel and/or Power Point
presentations for Sound or hospital JOC's, or executive level
- May organize and/or attend Sound and/or hospital leadership
- Handle the incoming calls, mail, text messages and faxes for
the local SCC team so that priority items get a proper
- Complete census reconciliation by collecting and distributing
necessary data information from providers. Engage Program Medical
Director (PMD) or Regional Medical Director (RMD) timely when
providers fail to submit census information at the end of each
shift worked. Reconcile patient census information in on-line
program (Sound Connect).
- Recording or reviewing patient medical information through
electronic medical record and/or data entry tasks utilizing
Microsoft Office Suite functions.
- Organize and maintain the SCC office to include a reliable
filing system for rolling 12 months of census management and on
demand retrieval of census information.
- Address email inquiries for missing census information within
24 hours of receipt.
- Assist PMD and/or Regional Medical Director (RMD) in the
maintenance and distribution of the physicians schedule within the
program and maintain Tangier (scheduling) in real time to include
scheduling changes as they are confirmed by the PMD or RMD.
- Facilitate onboarding new providers (permanent, 1099, and
locums) at local site, and remotely to other outlying SCC sites, as
- Provide detailed instructions regarding census management
processes and follow-up timely to ensure compliance and census
submitting to SCC Coders daily.
- Assist PMD and RMD in the tracking/recording of locums/temp
labor shifts worked.
- Assist PMD with locum process, agency contact, credentialing
follow-up, on-board and scheduling as needed for site.
- Consistently role model the highest level of customer service
to internal (hospital and Sound Physicians), and external
- Support SCC Regional Leadership Team and the Program Medical
Director in scheduling meetings and ensuring attendance for
hospital. This includes team meetings, hospital committee meetings,
and Joint Operating Committee meetings (if applicable). Also, keep
meeting minutes at team functions.
- Work with the personnel at the hospital(s) to track committee
membership and attendance records for team intensivists/provider on
various assigned committees.
- Support RMD, PMD and Sound recruiter in scheduling physician
interviews and related logistics.
- Assist with data management including tracking, trending and
preparing quality reports as required by SCC dashboard and/or
program-specific performance metrics.
- Assure on-boarding logistics are in place for new
- Provide on-site coordination and facilitation for credentialing
and privileging of the hospitalists.
- Follow-up with hospital staff / office to make sure the
intensivists have pagers, keys, and badges before work and that the
pager number is available to the hospital units.
- Assist Sound / SCC Coding department when medical records need
to be pulled for verification.
- Keep an updated contact list of the providers, and forward
- Order office supplies through the Sound on-line Staples system.
This includes general office supplies, business cards, toner
cartridges, and various other items as needed.
- Forward billing queries, deficient records notices, death
certificates, and other medical records information to the
appropriate physician to facilitate their completion.
- Assist intensivists with making sure they have access to the
hospital and Sound computer systems.
- Other duties as assigned. SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES,
TRAINING OR SPECIAL LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Hospital or physician group management experience
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact,
diplomacy, and good judgment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Client service oriented (both internal and external)
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all
levels of organization
- Strong interpersonal skills able to handle sensitive situations
and confidential information
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
(Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Other duties as assigned REPORTS TO: Program Medical
Director(s) (PMD) with dotted line matrix to Regional Director,
- Day-to-day reporting to PMD
- Time and attendance reporting to PMD
- Quality of work / operations reporting to PMD EDUCATION /
EXPERIENCE: Education Minimum: Bachelor's Degree or an Associate
Degree with equivalent work experience Experience
Minimum: 1-2 years of healthcare customer service experience
Preferred: 2-3 years of medical office staff or medical group
Preferred: 2-3 years working within a hospital setting Related Jobs
Regional VP, Business Development Sound Physicians - New York City,
Keywords: SUMMIT PARTNERS, Berkeley , Critical Care Coordinator, Other , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!