Company: EUROFINS SCIENT.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people
are the most important element in our chemistry. Eurofins is a
leading international group of laboratories providing an
unparalleled range of testing and support services to the
pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and
consumer products industries and to governments.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized
laboratory, is searching for a Downstream Scientist to support our
Professional Scientific Services group in Berkeley, CA.
Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
- Independently plan and execute bench scale experiments related
to the development and optimization of a purification process for
adeno-associated virus (AAV)
- Assist with the execution of viral clearance studies in a GLP
- Identify and troubleshoot potential study-related problems and
provide suggestions to overcome them
- Analyze and summarize results from experiments
- Communicate findings in the form of presentations and reports
to the project team
- Be familiar with new technology/methods/equipment that can help
improve the current processes and methodologies
- Contribute to the general operation of the laboratory
including, but not limited to the maintenance of equipment,
ordering of supplies, and maintaining a clean and safe working
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Excellent understanding of purification principles and
- Hands on experience with the operation of chromatography and
other purification related equipment (eg. AKTA, TFF, HPLC)
- Familiarity with various analytical tools (eg. qPCR, UV-Vis
spectroscopy, DLS, CE-SDS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively in a team
- Detail oriented
- Degree in Biochemical/Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry,
Molecular Biology, Biological Sciences, or a related field
- 2 - 4 years of relevant industrial experience in the area of
viral vector or protein purification
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without
restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday through Friday (8 a.m.-5 p.m.),
with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a
commutable distance of Berkeley, California are encouraged to
As a Eurofins Lancaster Lab PSS employee, you will become part
of a company that has received national recognition as a great
place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including
comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance,
401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal
days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please
explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Keywords: EUROFINS SCIENT., Berkeley , Downstream Scientist, Other , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!