Senior Clinical Lab Scientist
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under the general direction of the Laboratory Director, or their
designee, performs pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical
procedures and analyses to provide data for health maintenance,
diagnoses, treatment and monitoring of medical conditions. Enhances
quality of patient care and service through interdepartmental
cooperation and quality assurance protocols.
- Correctly verifies that the proper specimen is being analyzed
for the correct patients and that the correct test is being
performed. Judges the adequacy and qualities of specimens submitted
- Analyzes clinical laboratory specimens following the standard
methods and procedures approved by the Laboratory Director or
designee. Performs quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of
clinical data. Assist with Quality Assurance and Performance
Improvement activities consistent with the Laboratory Quality
- Utilizes test reference ranges (including neonates, pediatric
and adult) to determine reasonableness of test results Validates
test results through correlation with test parameters (e.g.
Hgb/Hct, anion gap, platelet count/smear, dipstick/micro etc).
Confirms testing on all Critical Values to ensure accuracy prior to
releasing of test results.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting
on assigned instruments and equipment according to established
schedule and procedure. Performs and documents instrument function
by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents
data. Records on instrument logs any repairs, replacement, and
maintenance needed of equipment.
- Releases or reports results per Laboratory Standard Operating
Procedures. Trains laboratory assistants, and other Clinical Lab
Scientist, on proper techniques/procedures related to clinical
laboratory practice. Performs other related duties as
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Provides general or direct
supervision of Lab Assistants and general Clerical Personnel as
required according to lab law and regulations. Corporate Compliance
Accountability: Consistently supports the precepts of Corporate
Compliance and Principles of Responsibility by maintaining
confidentiality, protecting the assets of the organization, acting
with integrity, reporting observed fraud and abuse and complying
with applicable state, federal and local laws and program policies
- Three years experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Bachelor's Degree * Applicable military experience may be
substituted for bachelor's degree.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid California State Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions,
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents
of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Experience including Hematology, Urinalysis, Chemistry, Blood
Bank and Bacteriology preferred..
- Computer application experience/proficiency preferred.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente's code of conduct and
compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation
and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Kaiser Permanente is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Berkeley , Senior Clinical Lab Scientist, Other , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!