Professional Engineering Associate
Company: LTD Global
Posted on: June 6, 2021
This role will utilize combined and varied technical knowledge
and design skills translating mechanical engineering and scientific
concepts into special applications requiring unique methods,
techniques, procedures or processes. You will execute complete
technical or mechanical design projects, operational assignments,
or major objectives within the framework of a particular phase of
scientific inquiry or applied technology.
This position will be hired at a level commensurate with the
business needs; and skills, knowledge, and abilities of the
What You Will Do:
- Apply technical expertise and knowledge of basic
engineering/scientific concepts and practices to provide
multifunctional mechanical engineering design.
- Originate, evaluate, and prove mechanical engineering design
concepts where the solution of technical problems is required and
professional expertise is necessary.
- Consult with program and project team members to focus on the
specifications, form, and function of the design.
- Collaborate on the definition of functional requirements and
evaluate alternative design concepts consistent with schedule,
cost, and material limitation.
- Direct the design of apparatus, equipment, assemblies,
facilities, utilities and systems by interpreting and translating
design concepts and layouts.
- Meet project / task schedules and budgets. Complete work
assignments with accuracy and meet technical performance criteria
with due consideration for cost/time constraints. Maintain
appropriate level of documentation for activities.
- Demonstrate ability to manage complex assemblies and understand
parent-child relationships. Apply advanced modeling skills
including proper use of patterns, sweeps and trajectories,
simplified reps and top down design techniques.
- Use CREO Parametric drawing package, including, but not limited
to, GD&T, multiple sheet assembly drawings and detailed
Additional Responsibilities as needed:
May lead the activities of skilled trade personnel.
What is Required:
- Knowledge or experience equivalent to a BA level degree in a
functional specialty closely aligned with a relevant program or
equivalent computer aided drafting experience.
- 5 years or more, current experience with CREO Parametric
(formerly Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire), or equivalent parametric
- Experience with optics and/or optical systems including an
understanding of Opto-Mechanical design principles.
- Significant technical expertise and knowledge of mechanical
engineering principles and practice demonstrated ability to apply
mechanical engineering principles and practices to technical design
and implementation of technical projects, or operational
- Experience in interpreting and translating objectives of job
requirements into technical designs or functional concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with other scientists and
engineers in defining goals and contributing to their
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
Minimum of 2 years related professional technical
Keywords: LTD Global, Berkeley , Professional Engineering Associate, Other , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!