Scientist - Cell Biologist
Company: Addition Therapeutics
Posted on: January 5, 2022
The Position Scientist - Cell Biology The Person While we have a
long list of technical and scientific accomplishments that we are
looking for, first and foremost, we insist that all members of the
Addition family are people that we trust, respect, and want to work
with. To that end, we are looking for an individual that;
- Possesses unquestioned integrity and business ethics. Always
leads by example. Demonstrates a firm commitment to Addition's
values and culture. A positive attitude and source of energy to all
employees. Establishes trust and credibility with every individual
he/she works with at all levels of the company.
- Creative and critical intellect who thinks 'laterally';
generates ideas/opportunities and turns them into successful
results. Finds a way to say 'yes' when others would say 'no'.
- Highly decisive and action oriented.
- An open, direct personal style with a positive attitude.
- Comfortable and productive in an early stage rapidly evolving
organization. Able to grow to a large, vibrant organization.
- Ability to rally teams around a common vision. Responsibilities
This role is to join our rapidly growing scientific staff where you
will act as the in-house expert in cell biology. This role is
expected to be primarily lab based but also will involve working
with external partners including CROs, collaborators, and industry
partners for animal models. You will be expected to interact
directly with all parts of the company and work in collaboration
with our biochemistry and molecular biology teams to evaluate gene
therapy nucleic acids in cell culture. This scientist position is a
dynamic role where you will be expected to design effective
experiments, evaluate the outcomes of those experiments, and work
in collaboration with the rest of the company to iteratively solve
problems and move assets towards clinical candidates. Requirements
- PhD or equivalent experience with a background in mammalian
cell biology and molecular genetics, or related biological life
sciences, involving the use of multiple mammalian cell lines and/or
primary cell cultures
- A deep understanding of how to evaluate discovery candidates in
- Hands-on experience passaging, transfecting, and additionally
evaluating cultured mammalian cells for their genome content and
protein expression profile, as well as phenotypes.
- Experience in translation of cell culture results into
corresponding animal models, particularly murine models, would be
considered a plus.
- Ideally, experience interfacing and directing external
partners, which will include external CROs, collaborators, and
- Experience with data analysis programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and desire
to be an adaptable team player.
- Meticulous attention to experimental detail. Education and
Experience PhD or equivalent level of experience Compensation
Competitive compensation package consisting of base salary, annual
performance bonus, incentive and equity/stock participation.
Location San Francisco Bay Area.
Keywords: Addition Therapeutics, Berkeley , Scientist - Cell Biologist, Other , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!