Posted on: January 8, 2022
Job OverviewJob Order: JO000126728
Date Posted: 12/17/2021
Metro Area: Berkeley, CA
Biologist (Mid)- Full time 40 hours a week M-F 8:00am start time.
Contract with possible conversation or renewal.Description:Per our
client's policy, individuals hired for this position must be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 unless otherwise prohibited by law. We
comply with federal, state and local laws with regard to
accommodations related to this policy.POSITION DUTIES &
- Leads collaboration with cross-functional teams to support the
adoption of new technology platforms
- Independently designs and develops experiments to guide
improvements to key cell line development technologies
- Participates in bi-weekly forum for career development and
networking among early-career employees
- Participates in sponsored research programs with local
universities to drive technology transfer from academia to
- Provides extensive support in cell line development and
transfer to cell culture development.
- Maintains and operates the key technologies and instruments for
cell culture and cell line development.
- Independently performs routine process development assignments
with limited instruction; Performs new assignments and/or tasks of
moderate complexity with some instruction
- Participates in the design and conducts process development
experiments, assays, or operational procedures of a complex and
non-routine nature in support of pre-determined corporate
- Completes required GMP training; Applies knowledge of GLP and
GMP requirements to practice from development to clinical
- Assists in the analyses and interpretation of results;
troubleshoots failed experiments, assays or procedures; and
overcomes obstacles and develops alternative experimental
- Exercises sound technical judgment to solve a range of
scientific problems and in selecting methods, techniques and
evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Evaluates new methods, techniques and assays as required;
recommends new and innovative solutions to problems by utilizing
knowledge, scientific creativity, independent thought and
- Interacts with other departments on projects and contributes to
overall success of specific project.
- Takes initiative in keeping current with field of specialty,
continues to develop and gradually becomes the expert of the
- Attends and participates in regularly scheduled meetings.
- Interprets and effectively communicate scientific findings in
one-on-one discussions and/or departmental meetings.
- Presents complete development summaries; may contribute to
- Collects and compiles data and records in laboratory notebook.
Ensures that laboratory notebooks are consistently updated,
audited, and well-maintained.REQUIREMENTS/PREFERENCES
- B.S. or M.S. with relevant experience in Biology or
- Preferences (Experience, Skills):Qualifications
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE
(Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility, and Efficiency) values.
Related to this position, we are seeking an incumbent who possess
- Experience with production cell line development.
- Technology savvy and familiar with computer coding or
- Exposure to high throughput, automation platforms for
- Proficiency in cell culture techniques and knowledgeable about
cell banking process.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and solve routine and
complex problems which may require original thinking.
- Understands basic GLP and GMP requirements and applies them to
practice from development to clinical manufacturing.
- Ability to apply scientific principles to the design and
interpretation of scientific experiments.
- Ability to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices
and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation
criterion for obtaining results.
- Report preparation with the ability to interpret the results of
- Attention to details and be abreast about new
- Previous experience participating in a project team and ability
to work within teams.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft suite of Software (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent work ethics.#L1-JL1SRG is an Equal Opportunity
Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to
be unlawful under applicable law.
Keywords: SRG, Berkeley , Scientist-Biological, Other , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!