Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Position Overview:The Group Psychotherapist position for the
Inpatient/Outpatient Departments include, but are not limited to,
the following responsibilities:
- Conducting group psychotherapy in an outpatient setting;
- Assisting in the overall case management of designated patients
in a particular program, e.g., Adult Intensive, Adult Day Hospital,
Adolescent, Eating Disorder and DBT (Dialectical Behavioral
- Planning and implementing therapeutic interventions designed to
promote optimal level of functioning and transition to a lower
level of care.
- Exercising independent judgement and autonomy with regard to
the patient's treatment, current condition and discharge/follow-up
- Communicating effectively with program staff, M.D.s, patients,
families and community agencies.This position reports to the
Manager of Outpatient Services. - It is the key linkage between
patient, patient's family members and significant others, attending
M.D., outside referral sources and other outpatient and inpatient
services at Alta Bates Medical Center. - This person works closely
with: program manager, patients, staff, medical directors, nursing
administration, psych intake office, clinical departments and
- Current California Licensure: -MFT, LCSW, Ph.D, Ed.D. or
- Current Basic Life Support Certification - BLS -EDUCATION
- A Masters Degree or Doctoral degree in Social Work, Marriage
and Family Therapy or Psychology. -EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A minimum of 3 years experience in psychiatric
inpatient/outpatient service with extensive group -psychotherapy
experience, i.e. psychodynamic training/experience, cognitive
behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, stress
management, community resources, evidenced-based treatment
designated by program director/senior management, etc.
- Experience treating adults, adolescents and eating
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to get along with
- Demonstrated clinical abilities.
- Program planning experience.
- Understanding of respective program goals/objectives.
- Strong ability to communicate in both oral and written
form.Organization:Alta Bates Summit Medical CenterEmployee Status:
RegularEmployee Referral Bonus: NoBenefits: YesPosition Status:
Non-ExemptUnion: NoJob Shift: DayShift Hours:8 Hour ShiftDays of
the Week Scheduled:Monday-FridayWeekend Requirements: NoneSchedule:
Part TimeHrs Per 2wk Pay Period:64 hours pppApplications
Accepted:All Applications AcceptedSchedule/Shift: Part Time/
Keywords: Sutter Health, Berkeley , Group Psychotherapist, Other , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!