Prepared Foods Order Writer (Deli / Culinary - Buyer / Inventory Replenishment)
Company: Whole Foods
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Orders, replenishes and merchandises prepared foods products and
participates in regional programs for purchasing and promotions.
Monitors inventory control and replenishes product. Assists in
organizing and developing promotional displays and maintaining OTS
standards. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a
positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and
efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All
positions must be performed in accordance with team and store
Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be
prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team
Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM
core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store
programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable
health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory
duties required in the department.
* Purchases and replenishes food for preparation through proper
* Monitors and acts upon open PO reports for both purchases and
credits in an accurate and timely manner.
* Controls spoilage and shrink, achieves turn goals, participates
* Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets
* Assists with counter service and cooks as scheduled or as
* Communicates with Kitchen Manager / Chef and Team Leader on
ordering needs and issues.
* Maintains positive working relationship with vendors.
* Works with Team Leader or Assistant Team Leader(s) to cost
* Oversees customer special order procedure.
* Supports leadership in conducting inventories.
* Maintains financial profitability by meeting and exceeding
purchasing and sales targets.
* Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required
trainings and meetings.
* Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers
in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling
techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
* Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures
for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising
* Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation,
and safe work practices.
* Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary
working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
* Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
* Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
* Extensive product knowledge, including production, distribution,
seasonal availability, advances, and trends.
* Ability to create and negotiate price bids.
* Familiarity and/or willingness to learn about products,
nutritional information, and other areas of study.
* Working knowledge and application of all Prepared Foods
* Complete understanding of WFM margin program and
* Ability to educate team on product knowledge and convey
* Strong basic math skills.
* Knowledge and ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft
Word, Excel, Outlook, and ordering systems.
* Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work
as part of a team.
* Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner
to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
* Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
* Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
* Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
* Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
with a sense of urgency.
* Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
Desired Work Experiences
* 1+ years of Buying/Merchandising
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
* In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
* Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
* Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting
* Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
* Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
* Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box
cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
* May require use of ladders.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary
of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as
an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties
or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one
progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a
lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the
duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other
responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business
conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for
the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment
opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status,
disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole
Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on
qualifications for the position to be filled and business
Keywords: Whole Foods, Berkeley , Prepared Foods Order Writer (Deli / Culinary - Buyer / Inventory Replenishment), Other , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!