Posted on: June 24, 2022
This job is full-time in our Berkeley office - remote work is
not available. This role sits in the People & Culture department
and has a dotted line to IT.
What You'll Do: As the HRIS Administrator, you will be the
technical lead for the day-to-day operations of the Workday
platform during both deployment and production. You will serve in
the capacity of an administrator for Workday and will have the
responsibility to recommend and implement business processes,
reporting, dashboards, integrations, feeds, and configurations that
enable Workday to drive business alignment and maximize
organizational and business performance.Responsibilities for this
- Lead Workdays technology implementations and upgrades by
effectively partnering with colleagues in People and Culture,
Leader Development, Finance, IT, and vendors throughout the
lifecycle of a release or project
- Support resolution of escalated issues; manage incidents, track
ticket status, and partner with teams to resolve issues
- Collaborate with project resources in all aspects of system
testing including the development of test strategy documentation,
creating test scripts, coordinating testing resources, compiling
test completion metrics, and test script execution
- Drive the execution of Workday configuration and reporting
- Partner with business users to recommend supplemental solutions
- Assist with the prioritization of enhancements and overall
- Partner with business users to recommend supplemental solutions
- Review business procedures/workflows to ensure system features
are being fully utilized and identify Workday features that may
- Being the primary point of contact for team members to
research, troubleshoot and resolve integration and production
issues in a timely manner.
- Effectively prioritize and escalate issues as required.
- Support the change order process by providing estimates on
effort, defining requirements, designing and developing the
solution using the Workday integration tools, Core Connectors,
EIBs, Workday Studio, etc.
- Support end-users with ad hoc or nonstandard batch uploads,
create complex reports, and resolve issues with existing
- Maintain integration-related requirements and technical
- Act as point person for upgrades/releases, fixes, testing, and
other technical projects as assigned including partnering on
training, content, and delivery.
- Own onboarding and systems training for new admin-level users
Who You Are: You are organized and analytical, and you have the
proven ability to follow and implement a project schedule. You are
adept at working in a team environment and are known as an
excellent communicator. You have a continuous-improvement mindset
and are capable of handling multiple priorities concurrently. You
are self-starting and capable of dealing with ambiguity and rapidly
What You'll Need:
- Undergraduate degree, equivalent degree or work with preferred
concentration in Technology Services, Computer Science,
Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of practical Workday Administration
experience including the support and development of integrations
using Workday Studio, Enterprise Interface Builder, and Core
- Workday Integrations Certified is preferred.
- Experience using Workday Studio is required.
- Experience with Workday Security Administration is
- Experience in writing documents and executing requirements,
design, development, and testing.
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle activities
(i.e., requirements, analysis, design, construction, testing, and
- Experience with iterative or agile software development
- Working knowledge of PM tools such as MS Project, Smartsheet
- Experience with web service integrations (SOAP, WSDL, XML).
About the Department: At Backroads, our people are our most
cherished resource. The People & Culture department puts people
first in a way that supports both our employees and the business.
Within the People & Culture area, there are two teams: People
Operations and Talent Development. Our People Operations team is
responsible for compliance, benefits, compensation, payroll, and
other employee programs. Our Talent Development Team is responsible
for recruiting, hiring & onboarding, developing culture,
centralizing training, and supporting performance management.
About Backroads: At Backroads we're passionate about connecting our
guests with so many of the most beautiful places in the world. We
use our four-plus decades of expertise to create exceptional
biking, hiking, and multi-adventure trips in over 50 countries for
people wanting a deeper and richer travel experience. We travel on
land as well as by small luxury ships on active river and ocean
cruises. Our trips are for all ages - including dedicated
itineraries just for families. We are known for our unwavering
attention to quality. We have a dynamic work environment and a
strong company culture.
Why Backroads: At Backroads, we value every single member of our
staff, and we're proud to offer a dynamic work environment that
enables growth. Your colleagues will be some of the most dedicated,
competent, active, and fun people you will ever meet. A job at
Backroads is unlike any other job you will ever have - you will be
challenged, you will be inspired, and you will be gratified. No
matter what you do here, you will be part of something that makes
us all proud - delivering authentic, enriching, and often
profoundly life-changing experiences. On top of all that, we have
some pretty great benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match, flex plan, and parental leave
- Generous paid time off, 7 paid holidays, and additional time
off to go on Backroads trips!
- Complimentary trips and trip discounts for employees, and trip
discounts for employees' friends and family!
- Outdoor industry discounts and deals
- Pre-tax commuter benefits for public transportation and reward
program for alternative sustainable commutes to the office (biking,
walking, carpooling, & public transportation)
- Wellness programs, onsite fitness center, and regular lunchtime
bike rides and workouts
How to Apply: At Backroads, there is no such thing as an "ideal
candidate." We believe in the power of teamwork - and in the desire
to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not
just skills. If this sounds like a company you would like to join
and a role you would thrive in, please don't hold back from
applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background
you're coming from; we welcome you to start a conversation with us.
We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and
success. We're looking forward to learning more about you!
Backroads is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity
and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
Keywords: Backroads, Berkeley , Workday Administrator, Other , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!