Midlevel Giving Specialist/Senior Midlevel Giving Officer - Band B/C
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Who We Are:
Friends of the Earth-U.S., founded by David Brower in 1969, is the
U.S. voice of the world's largest federation of grassroots
environmental groups, with a presence in 75 countries. Friends of
the Earth is a hard-hitting, progressive environmental organization
that pulls no punches and speaks sometimes uncomfortable truth to
power. It's an approach that has worked over the last 50 years,
resulting in landmark environmental laws, precedent-setting legal
victories and groundbreaking reforms of domestic and international
regulatory, corporate, and financial institution policies.
What We Look For: Over the last few years, Friends of the Earth has
had tremendous growth of its midlevel donor program - members
giving between $500-$2,499 annually. The Midlevel Giving
Specialist/Senior Midlevel Giving Officer will be responsible for
developing and executing strategies that achieve retention and
continued growth of the midlevel donor base.
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, this role will serve as
a liaison to midlevel donors, providing personalized cultivation,
solicitations, and stewardship. This role will also collaborate
with our direct marketing teams to establish distinct mail and
digital communications tailored towards midlevel donors.
In addition to managing the midlevel program, this role will seek
opportunities to move midlevel donors to the major gifts or planned
The salary range for this role is $64,750-$73,000 or
$71,000-$78,000. Offers are determined based on Job Band and
relevant skills and experience.
Who you Are:
Relationship Builder: Engage midlevel donors in
relationship-building tactics that will deepen their connection to
Friends of the Earth, resulting in higher retention rates and
increased giving. Use a variety of tactics including personal phone
calls, virtual meetings, handwritten notes, and specialized direct
Strategic Thinker: Work with the Director of Philanthropy to
develop strategies and set goals for midlevel program for up to
five years ahead, including considering new giving circles, donor
advisory committees, and virtual events. Consider when individual
donors from within the midlevel program should be recommended to
move to the major gifts or planned giving program.
Results Oriented: Use Raisers Edge to track midlevel program
performance by measuring retention rates and average giving amount
- Craft midlevel donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
strategy with input and feedback from the Director of
- Working with the Director of Philanthropy, set financial goals
for up to five years ahead.
- Use tactics including phone calls, virtual meetings, surveys,
and personalized emails to build relationships with midlevel
- Collaborate with direct marketing teams to tailor digital and
mail outreach to the midlevel donor audience.
- Identify major donor and planned gift prospects.
- Provide input on strategic decisions impacting individual
- Five or more years' experience in fundraising for a non-profit,
political organization or a campaign.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate
effectively across teams.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective communication and the ability to establish good
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other basic
- Six or more years' experience in fundraising for a non-profit,
political organization or a campaign. (Required for Band C - Senior
Midlevel Giving Officer)
- Experience with Raisers Edge, or a similar CRM.
Perks & Benefits:
We are a generous employer with benefits that will take care of
you. In addition to a competitive salary,
- 37.5-hour work week
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision coverage (80% for
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) retirement program
- Generous Leave -twenty (20) vacation days to start, 15 paid
holidays, twenty (20) sick days, parental leave, sabbatical and
- Education Reimbursement and Employee Assistance Program
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage
applications from women, people of color and other members of
underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of our
Keywords: Foe, Berkeley , Midlevel Giving Specialist/Senior Midlevel Giving Officer - Band B/C, Other , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!