Life Skills Coach
Company: College Internship Program Inc
Posted on: November 17, 2023
LIFE SKILLS COACHA Day in the Life:The Life Skills Coach is an
onsite part-time non-exempt position located in Berkeley, CA who
reports to the Life Skills and Wellness Coordinator.This position
operates in a highly scheduled environment but may require longer
hours and occasional weekend work and minimal travel as job duties
demand. The Life Skills Coach position involves a low physical
demand. All the Responsibilities We'll Trust You With:
- Assist students in building independent living skills
competencies and routines to develop the ability to live
independently after CIP.
- Engage students in productively exploring and connecting within
- Ensure a high level of health and safety within one's living
environment and the community.
- Conducts appropriate Executive Functioning appointments with
students based on their needs and coordinates with staff
- Assist students in handling challenges and when necessary uses
de-escalation techniques and other strategies.
- Passionate about helping individuals with learning disabilities
reach their full potential.
- *Other Duties as Assigned
- Qualities You Possess:
- The Life Skills Coach will possess exceptional communication
skills, precise attention to detail, superior organization and
prioritization skills and self-motivation in managing tasks to
completion. They will have genuine empathy and awareness of the
needs and sensitivities of prospective families, students, and
staff.Your Areas of Knowledge and Expertise:
- Crisis management guru and mentor experience is required.
- Independent living skills experience is required.
- Associate's degree (or in pursuit of) from an accredited
institution in Psychology, Social Work, Education, or a related
field is required.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Active Drivers License is required.
- Proficiency in office utility computer software programs is
- Experience in the field of autism and/or learning disabilities,
especially in a residential setting is highly preferred.
Accommodations Disabilities Act StatementReasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this job position.Affirmative Action Plan
(AAP)/Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) StatementCollege
Internship Program (CIP) provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training.This job description is
intended to provide a general overview of the responsibilities and
qualifications associated with this position. It is not an
exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required. Team members may be assigned additional responsibilities
as necessary. PI6a7b5faa70dc-31181-33194230
Keywords: College Internship Program Inc, Berkeley , Life Skills Coach, Other , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!