Histologic Technician II
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Under the general direction of the Pathologist or Laboratory
Manager, performs immunohistochemical stains and all other special
procedures as required. Cuts, embebs, and stains histology
specimens. Essential Responsibilities:
- Performs tasks related to fixation and processing of
- Cuts, prepares, and stains slides from histology
- Correctly prepares special stains, immunohistochemistry stains
- Performs Quality Control on all stained slides.
- Orders reagents, antibodies, and tool parts to ensure adequate
supplies for the work.
- May train new employees and students as assigned.
- Operates and Evaluates equipment and reagent systems. Maintains
equipment with documentation and reports repairs to manager.
- Also maintains logbooks, Block and slide files.
- Keeps abreast with company's current policies and
immunohistochemistry technical updates.
- Writes and updates evaluation reports as well as procedures
using the NCCLS format.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Supervisory
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.Grade: 745Basic
- Minimum (12) twelve months of experience as histologic
technician or completion of the 12 month Histology training.
- Associate's degree in science. License, Certification,
- Certified as a Histologic Technician or Histologic Technologist
by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or the
equivalent society, as approved by the Chief of Pathology.
- Must demonstrate aptitude for work as Histologic Technician to
the Chief of Pathology's satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to perform all special stains,
immunohistochemical stains used in the routine practice of
- Demonstrated ability to perform histochemical stains and all
other special procedures as required by the Chief of Pathology
including knowledge of the biochemical nature of reaction.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Previous experience with lab information systems
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Berkeley , Histologic Technician II, Professions , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!