Pharmacy Technician Inpatient
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Job Summary: Under the direction of a licensed pharmacist,
transcribes abbreviated and symbolized information from physicians
orders onto patient medication profile, through manual and computer
entry. Selects and prepares medications, pharmaceutical products,
and intravenous admixtures, including chemotherapeutic agents.
Assists in thee dispensing and distribution of medications.
Maintains pharmacy merchandise and equipment. Reviews medication
cassettes for returned medication; types unit does and intravenous
admixture labels; transports pharmacy merchandise. Performs other
duties as required. Essential Responsibilities:
- Must be capable of performing all duties within the area of
responsibility and meet all the requirements of the Inpatient
- Reads hospital charts, i.e. physician orders and standard
medical abbreviations and terminology.
- Prepares patient medication profiles from physician
- Must be able to work effectively under the direction of
licensed pharmacists in a high volume pharmacy.
- Requires a caring attitude toward patients and customers.
- Must interact effectively with patients and coworkers in a
- Stands for longs periods of time and effectively communicates
with coworkers, nursing personnel, and patients.
- Functions as a team player with Pharmacy, Home Health, Nursing
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory
responsibilities. Basic Qualifications:Experience
- High School Diploma/GED.License, Certification, Registration
- Current CA Pharmacy Technician Registration.Additional
- Working knowledge of aseptic technique and ability to prepare
sterile IV products.
- Must be experienced in operating unit dose distribution
systems, I.V admixture programs including antineoplastic
(chemotherapy) preparations and TPN compounding.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived.
- Working knowledge of current drug dosage forms, strengths,
generic and trade name traditional and current equivalents.
- Working knowledge of, and the ability to become proficient in,
the pharmacy computer system during probationary period.
- Ability to read, understand, and transcribe pharmaceutical
- Ability to learn and willingness to prepare chemotherapeutic
- Proficient in oral and written English speaking communication
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and communicate
with co-workers and patients.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
environment. Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement.Preferred
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Berkeley , Pharmacy Technician Inpatient, Professions , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!