Regional Manager NorCal
Company: PCC Logistics
Posted on: May 9, 2022
NorCal Regional Manager in Oakland, CA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops effective logistic strategies to maximize the
profitability of each business unit.
- Works with the executive management team to develop operating
goals and strategies according to the mission and vision of the
- Lead, train and mentors their assigned Business Unit Managers
(BUM) to develop and attain operating budgets, ensuring that
earnings goals are met.
- Ensures effective production scheduling, warehousing and
transportation levels are met.
- Directs, manage and monitors operational KPIs for the business
unit, adjusting measurement methods, goals, metrics and monitoring
frequency as necessary to meet changing company needs.
- Identify and develop new customers markets that fit within
defined strategic direction.
- Work closely with the Human Resources Department to ensure
consistent and fair application of the organization s policies and
to ensure that staffing strategies meet the company s
- Report as required to the CFO, President and VP on operational
performance, forecasts, changing market conditions and up/downside
risks, to execute to their direction for the company.
- Ensures revenue and margin targets are met monthly.
- Evaluates staffing needs and makes recommendations.
- Supports and communicates PCC s strategic goals and priorities
to the Business Unit Managers (BUM s).
- Develops and maintains cost and work saving measures and work
procedures through directing operations according to company
standards for quality, scheduling and product output.
- Enhances operational effectiveness, emphasizing in the
management of capital expenditures to maximize return on
investment, business unit profitability and customer service
- Collaborates and directs the management team with
implementation of PCC s mission, goals, policies, procedures and
- Creates and maintains an environment of trust, integrity, open
communication, teamwork and respect.
- Works collaboratively with vendors, contractors, warehouse
maintenance and others that interact with the warehouse or
- Responsible for oversight and management of all
- Conducts regular meetings to address policies and
- Responsible for dissemination of information to the business
- Complies with all EPA and OSHA regulations as well as all
internal policies with respect to safety, HR and
- Communicates on a regular basis through meetings, emails and
- Directs operations to achieve schedule needs and meet customer
- Directs, manages operating budgets and ensures that expenses
are incurred at acceptable levels and be prepared to explain any
variance along with appropriate corrective actions.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable
quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If
accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their
understanding and compliance in terms of setting expectations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to understand and analyze P&L
- Proven track record of leading a large business unit
organization at the general management level
- Established relationships with industry-relevant customer base
and familiarity of their capabilities, pricing strategies, and
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Strong operational experience
- Prior experience leading a multi-site operation
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with other team members, visitors and
customers in an effective, pleasant, courteous and tactful
- Computer experience with Windows, Microsoft Excel, Word, Power
Point and Outlook
- English language proficiency, to include verbal and written
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant Bachelor s Degree or equivalent work experience of
direct involvement in warehousing, transportation, and/or logistics
Apply Online Below
Keywords: PCC Logistics, Berkeley , Regional Manager NorCal, Professions , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!