Assistant Plant Manager
Company: PIC Companies
Posted on: June 24, 2022
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit
the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a
global service provider, we continually seek talented
Title: Assistant Plant Manager
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Berkeley CA
Reports to: Plant Manager
Excellent opportunity to work with large power utility company
operating a university 25MW cogeneration power plant in Berkeley
CA. The Assistant Plant Manager will replant Managers to the Plant
Manager and be an integral part of the plant operations team. The
Assistant Plant Manager provides leadership for maintenance and
capital projects to ensure optimal plant performance with oversight
of employees. The Assistant Plant Manager will have responsibility
for managing technical activities relating to operations and
maintenance. The Assistant Plant Manger will be focused on managing
planned outage activities including optimization of scope,
schedule, and budget. Relocation assistance, sign on bonus, annual
bonus, and excellent salary offered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensures the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of the
* Maintains a strong safety culture. Complies with all site safety
and environmental requirements and procedures. Identifies safety
hazards and takes corrective actions as necessary. Assists with the
development of and ensures that all site safety requirements and
procedures are properly implemented, consistently observed and
corrective actions are initiated when applicable.
* Develops, implements, and manages consistent plant operating
philosophies and best practices to maximize plant availability,
efficiency, and productivity.
* Constantly reviews and improves operational processes and ensures
that operating personnel are properly trained and adhere to
established procedures and standards in accordance with prudent
* Proactively manage shift schedules to minimize overtime and
comply with administrative guidelines.
* Establishes and adds to/modifies as required all
predictive/preventive maintenance requirements programmed into the
maintenance management system in alignment with maintenance
* Develop performance goals and conduct performance reviews in a
comprehensive, open, and objective manner to align employee
accountabilities and conduct with operational processes in
accordance with administrative guidelines.
* Investigates operating abnormalities and incidents to improve
equipment availability and performance and to minimize maintenance
* Prepares necessary plant operation reports in a timely manner and
investigates all forced outages, reporting them in accordance with
the BU practice through SharePoint.
* In collaboration with Plant Manager, prepares and continually
evaluates the operating budgets and/or makes recommendations to the
Plant Manager relative to optimization of operations and
* Assists with maintenance engineering evaluations and
troubleshooting of equipment abnormalities.
* Lead project management of all planned outage activities,
including long term planning for capital improvements.
* Lead / support development of plant personnel in skillsets,
equipment/system knowledge and solving critical operational
* Support management of change process to ensure traceability and
collaboration on execution.
* Lead / support problem solving activities and coach and mentor in
Continuous Improvement capabilities within the team.
* Assures proper staffing, scheduling, orientation, and training of
the plant staff, and manages compliance with all company policies
and procedures. Supports recruiting, interviews, and assigns
operations and maintenance employment candidates.
* Develop and maintain a close working relationship with key
* Thorough, demonstrated understanding of plant operations and
maintenance, with strong knowledge of generating equipment,
boilers, and water treatment processes.
* Ability to analyze and improve operations business processes,
utilizing information about market dynamics and competitors'
processes and achievements.
* Proven planning and scheduling experience working with Operations
and Maintenance Technicians, and other technical personnel involved
with preventative/predictive and corrective maintenance.
* Solid knowledge of plant engineering and plant maintenance
functions and how they relate to operations and income.
* Experience with accounting practices as it relates to analyzing
cost impacts to budget.
* Demonstrated skill in planning, coordinating, and directing
varied programs and tasks directly effecting the overall plant
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Occasionally required to: Reach with hands or arms, climb or
balance, stoop, kneel, smell
* Frequently, the employee is required to stand, walk, and sit
* It is crucial the employee can talk and hear and to use hands and
fingers to handle or feel
* Required to frequently lift objects of up to 10 pounds in weight
and occasionally lift or move objects of up to 50 pounds in
* Vision requirements for this position include close, distance and
peripheral vision, along with depth perception and the ability to
Education / Experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalent and knowledge and capabilities
typically acquired through at least 5 years supervisory or
managerial experience in a cogeneration power plant, or
* Associate degree or industry-recognized certificate (i.e., the
completion of a core group of course designated by the institution)
in a related discipline is preferred and knowledge and capabilities
typically acquired through at least 3 years supervisory or
managerial experience in a cogeneration power plant, or
* Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 2
years supervisory or managerial experience in a cogeneration power
Our client offers competitive wages and benefits. Prior to
beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug
and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of
criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the
qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we
receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required
experience and qualifications will be contacted
Keywords: PIC Companies, Berkeley , Assistant Plant Manager, Professions , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!