Program Operations Analyst 3
Company: College of Charleston
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab's ( ) Division has an opening for
a Program Operations Analyst 3 to join the team. In this role, you
will serve as a point of contact for project support for the
Applied Nuclear Physics management team in the Nuclear Science
Division. Oversee and coordinate a wide range of business needs
under the general supervision of division management, which
includes: supporting programs, projects and/or processes from
inception to completion, planning and executing tasks, coordinating
departmental or Institutional cross-functional teams and
activities, performing analyses, and preparing and submitting
reports. Act independently to determine methods and procedures on
new or special assignments. What You Will Do:
- Support Principal Investigators (PIs) in compiling and editing
technical and scientific reports outlining progress on project
milestones for distribution to collaborators, managers, and program
sponsors as needed.
- Responsible for the operational planning and control of large
and complex projects/programs.
- Provides strategic analysis on finance, budgets, and program
- Work with technical staff to identify, manage and track risks.
Collaborate broadly across the division to develop mitigation
- Work independently on complex and unique issues where analysis
of situations or data requires an advanced and in-depth evaluation
of variable factors.
- Exercise independent judgment in selecting methods, techniques
and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- May work in a work lead function with administrative staff and
collaboratively with key resources to ensure optimal efficiency and
effectiveness of administrative processes.
- Function independently while ensuring adherence to Division,
Laboratory and DOE policies, practices, and procedures.
- Set up new systems utilizing technology to enhance
communication on all levels of the organization.
- Oversee the strategic development and implementation of plans,
marketing programs, and partnerships to support the development of
- Develop, define, and assist with executing program plans for
new and existing research initiatives.
- In collaboration with the PIs, develop educational and
scientific outreach programs in coordination with LBNL and UCB
- Coordinate and develop internal and external communications
with collaborators, sponsors, and other entities to support ongoing
research and new research initiatives.
- Work with the Office of National and Homeland Security Program
Manager to further strengthen the relationship between ANP and the
Homeland Security Program Offices.
- Develop content for the programs and aid in the design of
effective communication with the scientists for the project web
pages and communication for meetings etc. What is Required:
- BA/BS degree in a related field or at least 8 years of related
- Wide-ranging, broad experience, using professional concepts and
program objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain harmonious and
productive cross-functional and collaborative relationships with
peers, supervisors, and stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge and practical skills in MS Office, Google
Suite, and database software.
- Familiarity with the marketing of products, technology, and
services in the scientific field.
- Ability to use independent judgment to identify and mitigate
potential operational issues and to anticipate and plan for all
- High level of organizational skills to independently initiate
and prioritize responsibilities and handle multiple/competing
projects within an environment of changing priorities.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze
data/problems and provide practical, resourceful solutions to
resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively and diplomatically with
all levels of management and scientific staff.
- May require a technical or scientific background in order to
complete the overall operational management responsibility. Desired
- Experience working in a scientific environment in Nuclear
Physics, Nuclear Engineering, or related fields.
- Working knowledge of LBNL policies, procedures and practices in
administrative areas of responsibility such as travel, procurement,
personnel, event coordination and document preparation and
- Demonstrated experience in processing grant proposals. Salary:
This position is expected to pay a targeted range of $8,227 to
$11,310 per month depending upon the candidate's skills, knowledge,
and abilities, including education, certifications, and years of
- This is a full-time career appointment, exempt (monthly paid)
from overtime pay.
- This position may be subject to a background check. Any
convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate
to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a
conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant
from being considered for employment.
- Work will be primarily performed at: Lawrence Berkeley National
Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA. Berkeley Lab is committed to
and strives to continue building community with these shared values
and commitments. Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer. We heartily welcome applications from
women, minorities, veterans, and all who would contribute to the
Lab's mission of leading scientific discovery, inclusion, and
professionalism. In support of our diverse global community, all
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran
status. Equal Opportunity and IDEA Information Links: Know your
rights, click for the supplement: Equal Employment Opportunity is
the Law and the under 41 CFR 60-1.4.
Keywords: College of Charleston, Berkeley , Program Operations Analyst 3, Professions , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!