Financial Analyst (7709U) - 56589
Company: Acord (association For Cooperative Operations Rese
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Financial Analyst (7709U) - 56589 About Berkeley At the
University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a
community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and
ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel
safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and
belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's
leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its
combination of internationally recognized academic and research
excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large
and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to
equity and social justice; and its roots in the California
experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the
status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its
founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance,
generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in
California, the United States and the world. We are looking for
equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of
California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding
of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability,
gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present
in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can
expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused
community that approaches higher education as a matter of social
justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff,
students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a
position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider
whether your values align with our , our , and our . At UC
Berkeley, we believe that learning is a fundamental part of
working, and our goal is for everyone on the Berkeley campus to
feel supported and equipped to realize their full potential. We
actively support this by providing all of our staff employees with
at least 80 hours (10 days) of paid time per year to engage in
professional development activities. To find out more about how you
can grow your career at UC Berkeley, visit . Departmental Overview
The Rausser College of Natural Resources (RCNR) Dean's Office
provides a varied menu of services to faculty, students, and staff
in its four academic departments, an augmented graduate group, and
several research and cooperative extension centers/facilities on
the Berkeley campus and locations off-site, under the leadership of
the Dean. RCNR encompasses basic and applied aspects of biological,
physical and social sciences, and offers both undergraduate and
graduate degrees. The College oversees a total budget of about $100
million. By consolidating and streamlining services in areas such
as Academic Personnel, Human Resources, Finance, and Facilities
Administration, and working in partnership with Berkeley Regional
Services, RCNR assists departments and investigators to smoothly
navigate through the campus administrative process and focus on the
research that inspires and motivates them. This position is in the
Rausser College of Natural Resources Dean's Office finance group
and provides leadership and expertise in strategic planning,
management, and oversight of all financial operations for units
within the College. The incumbent insures that proper internal
controls and accountability are in place with respect to financial
activities in order to guarantee compliance with all applicable
federal and state laws and university policies and regulations. The
position involves developing, interpreting and implementing
financial concepts for financial planning, resource planning
(dollars), and control of organizational budget. Analyze and
prepare recommendations for financial plans, including annual
resource allocations, future requirements, and operating forecasts.
The position reports to the Director of Research and Extension.
Application Review Date The First Review Date for this job is:
- Prepares, reviews, and/or approves financial transactions.
- Documents procedures for financial activities.
- Ensures that the appropriate internal controls are addressed,
maintained and strengthened to protect University resources.
- Reviews, processes, approves, monitors & reconciles financial
data and transactions utilizing broad knowledge of campus, federal
and state policies and procedures to assure audit standards
compliance and effective deployment of resources. Processes
inter-campus and inter-location fund transfers.
- Provides guidance for college units or departments on
undergraduate & graduate student awards paid from college or
departmental endowment funds.
- Manages course material fees. Works closely with Research
Administration to recover deficits that were written off from
faculty research funds to department funds.
- Independently gathers information as needed to perform complex
financial and resource analysis.
- Analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial
and/or resource plans, including annual resource allocation
approaches, trended future requirements, operating forecasts,
sources and uses, etc.
- Designs and analyzes monthly and/or quarterly budget and
expense reports, summarizing data and documenting trends for the
- Monitors compliance with legal, systemwide, federal, and campus
policies and procedures.
- Advises administrative officers to ensure that budget and
finance policies are properly implemented.
- Applies professional concepts to provide monthly or quarterly
projections, analyzes spending patterns, and recommends
- Provides analytical support to the department managers, Chairs,
Dean and Center/Facility Directors for complex budget, financial,
or resource analysis projects, and prepares reports required by
central campus offices and UCOP.
- Examples include annual Recharge Self-Certifications, campus
Reserve Analysis project, and REEPort Financial Report.
- Prepares appropriate data and reports descriptive of the
budgetary and fiscal character of the College and its respective
entities for use in analysis and annual reporting to funding
- Applies professional concepts to perform moderate to complex
financial or resource analysis to understand past performance and
determine present and future performance and/or resource
- Advises department managers, Chairs, Dean and Center/Facility
Directors on financial strategies and devises creative approaches
to resource allocation and management to achieve programmatic
- Coordinates and implements department/center/facility budget
- Conceives of and maintains department chart of accounts, other
data management tools, and related business processes.
- Reviews, analyzes and proactively makes and implements
recommendations that improve the effectiveness of the College's
chart of accounts.
- Provides department, center/facilities support in the areas of
business process analysis and design, system or procedure testing
and implementation, documentation, security, workflow, and customer
- Serves as resource to departments, centers/facilities, and
college units by providing leadership and extensive knowledge base
to allow the unit to function at maximal effectiveness.
- Reviews and interprets University, departments, and
centers/facilities business policies and processes in the areas of
budget and accounting. Required Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of finance policies, practices and
- Has ability to independently gather, organize, and perform
financial analysis assignments.
- Requires ability to present information in a clear and concise
manner both in writing and verbally.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving
- Provide attention to detail and accuracy and ability to work
with constantly shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines.
- Experience working independently, creatively, taking the
initiative to define and execute tasks.
- Ability to develop a collaborative working relationship with a
diverse population in an academic setting.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in use of Microsoft
Office and common desktop/web applications.
- Thorough knowledge of university, state, and federal policies
for fund management, procurement, payroll, contract and grant
administration and recharge unit operations.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent
experience/training. Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of the University's Infrastructure and policies and
procedures, and/or comparable institutional experience.
- Expertise working with BFS, Cal Answers, UCPath, Student
Information System (SIS), and Cashier's Deposit System (CDS),
and/or similar systems.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience with UCB policies and
procedures regarding financial operations, preferably in an
academic department, and/or equivalent experience/training. Salary
& Benefits This is a 100% full-time (40 hrs a week) exempt career
position, which is paid monthly and eligible for full UC Benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by
the University, please visit the University of California's
website. Under California law, the University of California,
Berkeley is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the
compensation range for this role and should not offer a salary
outside of the range posted in this job announcement. This range
takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in
making compensation decisions including but not limited to
experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and
certifications, analysis of internal equity, and other business and
organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be
offered a salary at or near the top of the range for a position.
Salary offers are determined based on final candidate
qualifications and experience. The budgeted salary or hourly range
that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position is
$77,600.00 - $100,000.00. How to Apply
- To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter. Other
- This is not a visa opportunity.
- Potential for some hybrid, but not 100% telecommute. Conviction
History Background This is a designated position requiring
fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job
responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction
histories and reviews information received in the context of the
job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make
employment contingent upon successful completion of the background
check. Equal Employment Opportunity The University of California is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more
information about your rights as an applicant, please see poster.
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and
affirmative action policy, please see the University of California
policy. To apply, visit Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All
rights reserved. jeid-0d2571bd53fa244c863dee804aa292b6
Keywords: Acord (association For Cooperative Operations Rese, Berkeley , Financial Analyst (7709U) - 56589, Professions , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!